The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Advantages/Disadvantages
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Advantages/Disadvantages Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:

But seriously, this is a player problem. It's not a rules problem. That's why Admiral Tolval didn't need a rule to prevent the problem.

It could be (and probably is) a player problem. But it might just be that the character is shiftless and unreliable. Sadly there are lots of parents, guardians, mmentors and role models who do not live up to their responsibilities.[/quote]

I thiink the fallout for this behavior, should be handled mostly in game. I believe that most of the rebels, being @good guys@ would frown on such behavior. And it certainly would be the sort of thing we&d expect from a hero in a Star Wars film.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atgxtg wrote:
It could be (and probably is) a player problem. But it might just be that the character is shiftless and unreliable. Sadly there are lots of parents, guardians, mmentors and role models who do not live up to their responsibilities.
In which case the player took a disadvantage that he is unwilling to live with. Since this is occuring in a (house rules) system where disadvantages 'pay for' advantages this is a player problem not just an in-universe problem. If one can resolve the player problem (my big concern) then I would include the in-universe results of the PC's actions.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always envisioned an Advantage / Disadvantage chart being a good way to counter a Force Sensitive attribute. Sure, your character can have a starting 5D in Force Sensitive, so long as he pays the price in other aspects of his life. Of course, that would require some extra work on the GM's behalf to make sure that it stays challenging for the player...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: