The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

d6 Martial Arts and Shockboxing rules help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> d6 Martial Arts and Shockboxing rules help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: d6 Martial Arts and Shockboxing rules help Reply with quote

I currently run a local WEG game and I've been trying to figure out how to use the martial arts rules since the player who wants to make his jedi a little bit more less reliant on his lightsaber doesn't like the kind of MA forms found in the Rules of Engagement book-was there any other forms other than Teras Kai, Stava, the Wookie only martial art and that taught to the Imperial Guard?

Also where can I find better or any rules on Shockboxing?

Please pardon the newbie mess, gomen.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant think of any other place that Martial Arts have been covered.

Rules of Engagement is a good place to start, with a few small modifications (Mostly changing technique names and adjusting the description slightly), you can use the list in that book to create your own form(s) of martial arts that feel unique during play.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: d6 Martial Arts and Shockboxing rules help Reply with quote

director_slayton wrote:
I currently run a local WEG game and I've been trying to figure out how to use the martial arts rules since the player who wants to make his jedi a little bit more less reliant on his lightsaber doesn't like the kind of MA forms found in the Rules of Engagement book-was there any other forms other than Teras Kai, Stava, the Wookie only martial art and that taught to the Imperial Guard?

I have a relatively detailed Lightsaber/Melee Combat rule system worked out that I would like to expand to include Brawling Combat and Martial Arts, but I'm having some difficulties converting the various martial art forms to match what I have. I'd appreciate fresh eyes and input...

Quote:
Also where can I find better or any rules on Shockboxing?

There is a Barabel shockboxer character template in Heroes & Rogues (pg. 64) as well as an NPC made from that template on page 121. As far as I know, that is the only official reference.

Quote:
Please pardon the newbie mess, gomen.

There is only a mess if I am the one who has to clean it up.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE-crmcneil: Thank you for the information, I've got the Heroes and Rogues book and he's enjoying the template-he's just extremely curious as to how the shockboxing world works and has the idea that it's not electric boxing but electric kick-boxing. Still thank you again.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a good place to start for basic information:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shockboxing

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shockboxing_glove
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably give you some guideance as to what to do if you can tell me why he dislikes the Rules of Engagement martial arts. I can come up with a few mechanics for shockboxing, but without knowing what's wrong with what he's got, it's hard to tool things in the right direction.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it about the RoE martial arts he is not liking?
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That it doesn't have shockboxing, teras kasi, and something else.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive actually written house rules for various foems of martial arts, but rather than post all of them here, I will give you my basic "catch all" martial arts rules and you can go from there if you like them.

(a) Martial Arts requires 5D in brawling and brawling parry. Add your dice in the advanced skill to your brawlinrg rolls. For each D you have in the advanced skill, you may add +1 to your brawling damage rolls.

Depending on what you are going for, you might want ro make that +1 a +2 instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: