The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

CX Trooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> CX Trooper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 am    Post subject: CX Trooper Reply with quote

I know its been quite some time since I was active. Typing is still a b1tch with my left hand jacked up from the table saw accident May-2-2023, but I still try to get a few things done. Just a literal pain to post. Hopefully this is something people can use and perhaps discuss. As always please comment and make suggestions.

Quote:
CX TROOPERS
Clone assassins, also designated as Clone X troopers or CX troopers, are specialized clone troopers conditioned by the Advanced Science Division of the Galactic Empire as products of Chief Scientist Royce Hemlock's "Deep Undercover" program and served as assassins and clone commandos. During the process, their identities are erased and undergo special conditioning to be fanatically loyal to the Empire. The conditioned soldiers serve as special operatives organized under a classified division.

During operations, Clone X troopers are equipped with black military armor that contains communications devices on the helmets, and typically have a rangefinder attached. Additionally, a control panel brace is often added for direct control to their CX Dagger vessels. Clone X troopers are provided with a sniper rifle, RK-3 blaster, and a backpack attached to their armor. Suicide shockers are provided to Clone X troopers to avoid imprisonment, as well as a homing device that can avoid most scans and remain active while the commando remains alive.

CX Troopers
Type: Conditioned Clonetrooper (as of 18 BBY)
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 6D+1, blaster: rifle 7D+1, blaster artillery 5D+2, brawling parry 6D, dodge 6D+1, grenade 6D, melee combat 4D+1, melee parry 4D+2, running 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 4D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Repulsorlift operation 3D, space transports 3D
PERCEPTION 3D
Hide 5D, search 5D, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 3D+1
Brawling 6D, climbing/jumping 5D+1, stamina 4D+2
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 3D, security 4D
Special Abilities:
-- Suicide Shocker: Every CX trooper has a suicide-assisting weapon implanted inside the individual's mouth (Moderate 18 search to find and first aid to remove). It is activated by biting down, which results in an electric shock, killing the trooper.
-- Homing Device Implant: Because of the high value missions CX troopers embark on each has an implanted tracking device (Very Difficult 25 to find and requires the use of advanced medical equipment) that has range of 50 kilometers.
Story Factors:
-- Conditioning: CX troopers have received special conditioning that removes their previous personality making them cold, ruthless soldiers with a single-minded purposed to serve the Empire. This conditioning gives the CX trooper a +4D modifier to resist interrogation and persuasion rolls.
Force Points: 0
Dark Points: 0
Character Points: 7-15
Move: 10
Equipment: CX trooper armor (+1D vs damage, +1D modifier to hide and sneak checks, night-vision, respirator, tracking device, rangefinder, comm device up to 50 kilometers), sniper rifle 6D, RK-3 blaster pistol (4D), x4 magnetized thermal detonators (10D), vibroknife (STR+2D), survival backpack, control brace, CX Dagger
Appearance: TBB 207, 208 (corpse), 302, 306-07
Source: Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of the GAR version of the imperial scout trooper mixed with the storm commando.. Me Likey!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I have been looking for this....
As sasid it is a sort of mix of the scout and commando...I like it a lot.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it.

If the armor is +1D on damage - needs to be stated physical or energy.

Both with no dex penalty - would be a bit OP - unless there was some exceptional backstory behind them (or an amor self destruct as well).

This would be a bit powerful in the hands of players (armor that has +1D energy but no dex pen).

Overall however, like the writeup.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point on the armor. IMO it should have some thing in it, for these assassins to trip, to destroy / ruin the armor, if they're about to be captured...
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakman wrote:
Like it.

Thank you.

pakman wrote:

Its both which is why it was not denoted as one or the other, but generically as damage

pakman wrote:
Both with no dex penalty - would be a bit OP - unless there was some exceptional backstory behind them (or an amor self destruct as well).

I could see dropping the armor protection to +2 damage without a DEX penalty. As for the armor and PCs. In new canon all stormtrooper armor is keyed to the wearer or a code, without that code none of the suits extra capabilities work. In the case of stormtrooper armor the MFTS does not operate, the auto-dimming, night vision, communication, etc do not function. Also, running around in trooper armor, especially CX armor will draw a ton of attention.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
pakman wrote:
Like it.

Thank you.

pakman wrote:

Its both which is why it was not denoted as one or the other, but generically as damage

pakman wrote:

I could see dropping the armor protection to +2 damage without a DEX penalty. As for the armor and PCs. In new canon all stormtrooper armor is keyed to the wearer or a code, without that code none of the suits extra capabilities work. In the case of stormtrooper armor the MFTS does not operate, the auto-dimming, night vision, communication, etc do not function. Also, running around in trooper armor, especially CX armor will draw a ton of attention.

a +1D armor with no dex penalty is not at all unheard of. This can easily be an early commando armor type. The stormcommando armor as I belive is a +1D armor with no DEX penalty at all. So that part I do feel is a good match.
I am unsure on the interal systems though, and pehaps most features and possible changes would go. maybe a MFTAS system or otherwise.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an important note, and I brought this up before in regards to rare or high value armors, is that the armor is not so easily salvaged. More than likely armors with No Dex penalty are custom fitted, and just because a player group defeats an enemy in such armor does not mean it is usable by the PCs in the group. More importantly, using RAW, the armor is likely damaged or destroyed in the process of defeating the opponent. Either way, the players may have to expend time and money on refurbishing or repairing said armor to make it usable and wearable - and likely if they do not have the skills themselves this becomes even more difficult. Imagine the sorts of questions that would be asked showing up with such a rare item of imperial tech even to a black market fixer? Lots of possible story and adventure ideas just for salvaging the armor. There is so much more I could say.

Needless to say, I do not feel it is OP if used in appropriate situations. Especially since this is likely not meant to be an early adversary for a starting group.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I think an important note, and I brought this up before in regards to rare or high value armors, is that the armor is not so easily salvaged. More than likely armors with No Dex penalty are custom fitted, and just because a player group defeats an enemy in such armor does not mean it is usable by the PCs in the group. More importantly, using RAW, the armor is likely damaged or destroyed in the process of defeating the opponent. <snip>

All these are points I was going to point out but again, the hand makes long-winded replies ... less likely unless I feel very strongly about the subjects. Thanks for posting these points.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I think an important note, and I brought this up before in regards to rare or high value armors, is that the armor is not so easily salvaged. More than likely armors with No Dex penalty are custom fitted, and just because a player group defeats an enemy in such armor does not mean it is usable by the PCs in the group. More importantly, using RAW, the armor is likely damaged or destroyed in the process of defeating the opponent.

Assuming folks actually USE that rule, where the armor gets damaged every time the pc gets wounded (Or imps/npcs). I've known far too many who DON'T use it.. Just like all those who refuse to use ITEM Saving throws in ADND games, because they don't want their players to lose gear/loot..
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you could pull armor like this off some dude and it's all good.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: CX Trooper Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I know its been quite some time since I was active. Typing is still a b1tch with my left hand jacked up from the table saw accident May-2-2023, but I still try to get a few things done. Just a literal pain to post. Hopefully this is something people can use and perhaps discuss. As always please comment and make suggestions.

When i was 8 or 9, i got my hand cut open on broken glass, so i feel ya! Goodspeed on a full recovery!

shootingwomprats wrote:
Quote:
CX TROOPERS
Clone assassins, also designated as Clone X troopers or CX troopers, are specialized clone troopers conditioned by the Advanced Science Division of the Galactic Empire as products of Chief Scientist Royce Hemlock's "Deep Undercover" program and served as assassins and clone commandos. During the process, their identities are erased and undergo special conditioning to be fanatically loyal to the Empire. The conditioned soldiers serve as special operatives organized under a classified division.

During operations, Clone X troopers are equipped with black military armor that contains communications devices on the helmets, and typically have a rangefinder attached. Additionally, a control panel brace is often added for direct control to their CX Dagger vessels. Clone X troopers are provided with a sniper rifle, RK-3 blaster, and a backpack attached to their armor. Suicide shockers are provided to Clone X troopers to avoid imprisonment, as well as a homing device that can avoid most scans and remain active while the commando remains alive.

CX Troopers
Type: Conditioned Clonetrooper (as of 18 BBY)
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 6D+1, blaster: rifle 7D+1, blaster artillery 5D+2, brawling parry 6D, dodge 6D+1, grenade 6D, melee combat 4D+1, melee parry 4D+2, running 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Survival 4D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Repulsorlift operation 3D, space transports 3D
PERCEPTION 3D
Hide 5D, search 5D, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 3D+1
Brawling 6D, climbing/jumping 5D+1, stamina 4D+2
TECHNICAL 2D
First aid 3D, security 4D
Special Abilities:
-- Suicide Shocker: Every CX trooper has a suicide-assisting weapon implanted inside the individual's mouth (Moderate 18 search to find and first aid to remove). It is activated by biting down, which results in an electric shock, killing the trooper.
-- Homing Device Implant: Because of the high value missions CX troopers embark on each has an implanted tracking device (Very Difficult 25 to find and requires the use of advanced medical equipment) that has range of 50 kilometers.
Story Factors:
-- Conditioning: CX troopers have received special conditioning that removes their previous personality making them cold, ruthless soldiers with a single-minded purposed to serve the Empire. This conditioning gives the CX trooper a +4D modifier to resist interrogation and persuasion rolls.
Force Points: 0
Dark Points: 0
Character Points: 7-15
Move: 10
Equipment: CX trooper armor (+1D vs damage, +1D modifier to hide and sneak checks, night-vision, respirator, tracking device, rangefinder, comm device up to 50 kilometers), sniper rifle 6D, RK-3 blaster pistol (4D), x4 magnetized thermal detonators (10D), vibroknife (STR+2D), survival backpack, control brace, CX Dagger
Appearance: TBB 207, 208 (corpse), 302, 306-07
Source: Emperor Ollie

Looks good! I think i, have, uses... for them...

pakman wrote:
Like it.

This would be a bit powerful in the hands of players (armor that has +1D energy but no dex pen).

Overall however, like the writeup.

I've had it for some time the DEX -x penalties are for those unaccustomed to the armor, the penalty being reduced or eliminated for those who are trained using it.
I'd probably treat it as +1D vs. physical & energy like the Clone Armor in the D6 Conversion to the campaign guide, with the -1D penalty for the untrained.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: