The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Social Ineractions: Attitude Steps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Social Ineractions: Attitude Steps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Social Ineractions: Attitude Steps Reply with quote

Attitude Steps
Hostile (25): Takes risks to harm you, usually attacking on sight
Unfriendly (20): Wished you ill but won't go out its way to harm you
Indifferent (18): Regard you as neither a threat nor an ally and probably doesn't attack you
Friendly (15): Wished you well but won't take life-threatening risks on your behalf
Helpful (10): Take risks to help you

+5 difficulty if the target cannot understand your speech

Notes:
1. Requires a full round action.
2. Target must be able to see you.
3. If skill check is successful, the target's attitude shifts one step in favor.
4. You may attempt to change the attitude of a given target only once per encounter.

Bargaining
When making bargain skill checks, increase difficulties +5. You cannot bargain with a hostile creature. No matter how adept you are at bargaining, a creature won't pay more for an item that can easily be obtained elsewhere.

Intimidation
When making an intimidation skill check, you can make the target back down from a confrontation, surrender a possession, reveal a piece of secret information, or flee from you for a short time.

+5 difficulty if target is helpless or completely at your mercy
+0 difficulty if target is clearly outnumbered or disadvantaged
-5 difficulty if target is evenly matched with you
-10 difficulty if you are clearly outnumbered or disadvantaged
-15 difficulty if you are helpless or completely at the target's mercy

Sources: Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game saga Edition (p.71), D6 mechanics by +Oliver Queen
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Social Ineractions: Attitude Steps Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Attitude Steps
Hostile (25): Takes risks to harm you, usually attacking on sight
Unfriendly (20): Wished you ill but won't go out its way to harm you
Indifferent (18): Regard you as neither a threat nor an ally and probably doesn't attack you
Friendly (15): Wished you well but won't take life-threatening risks on your behalf
Helpful (10): Take risks to help you

-5 Target cannot understand your speech

This should probably be "+5 Target cannot understand your speech"; you're talking about TNs, after all. All of your numbers appear to be alterations on die rolls, which is fine, but if you're talking TNs, you should set that up.

And, while I know you're doing conversions from SAGA, I will add that I talked about social combat a bit
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Social Ineractions: Attitude Steps Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
-5 Target cannot understand your speech

I have made the correction.

MrNexx wrote:
This should probably be "+5 Target cannot understand your speech"; you're talking about TNs, after all. All of your numbers appear to be alterations on die rolls, which is fine, but if you're talking TNs, you should set that up.

Excellent suggestion, added. Thank you again!

MrNexx wrote:
And, while I know you're doing conversions from SAGA, I will add that I talked about social combat a bit

Yes, conversions and more conversions of Saga to D6. I did know you had posted some social interaction rules. That or I forgot, I will take a look at them.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: