The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mystery Machines for ISB Tactical Team
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Mystery Machines for ISB Tactical Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Mystery Machines for ISB Tactical Team Reply with quote

I am reimagining the Scooby Gang from Scooby-Doo as ISB Specialists, replacing the eponymous Scooby with a vicious droid...

This post however, is regarding their transportation.
i have a few ideas, but thought i'd open it up to suggestions for ground vehicles, speeders, shuttles, whatever you care to suggest...
i'd like to hear your ideas & 2ยข as to why that vehicle/ship.
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 1215
Location: Lost in the cracks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just imagine a Firespray painted up like the Mystery Machine.
_________________
"There's a set way to gain new Force Points and it represents a very nice system, where you're rewarded for heroism, not for being a poor conductor to electricity." ~Jachra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I can just imagine a Firespray painted up like the Mystery Machine.

Hmn, that is a neat idea! But why would they pick those colors, or choose to keep them if it came to their possession that way?
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 1215
Location: Lost in the cracks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps such that a flamboyant a paint scheme as that would be the last thing you would expect to be in the service of the Empire let alone the ISB - who normally likes to be unnoticed?
_________________
"There's a set way to gain new Force Points and it represents a very nice system, where you're rewarded for heroism, not for being a poor conductor to electricity." ~Jachra
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Perhaps such that a flamboyant a paint scheme as that would be the last thing you would expect to be in the service of the Empire let alone the ISB - who normally likes to be unnoticed?

... That is a good point! Most ppl would see that ship & think tourists or a green bounty hunter.
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander


Joined: 24 Nov 2021
Posts: 387
Location: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find the ship name, but this one: https://www.pngaaa.com/detail/2888144

It's perfect!

This team does not get standard issue equipment because they are last chances and are not expected to do much, but the fact that they are underestimated by the Empire and their enemies alike is what gives them their edge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander


Joined: 24 Nov 2021
Posts: 387
Location: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course, thete is always the Orlean Star Explorer "Star Cab" from Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Cab
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
I cannot find the ship name, but this one: https://www.pngaaa.com/detail/2888144

It's perfect!

This team does not get standard issue equipment because they are last chances and are not expected to do much, but the fact that they are underestimated by the Empire and their enemies alike is what gives them their edge.

Hmnn, it seems familiar-ish, but i've no idea what it's from. I'd like to know more about it before i make up a stat block for it. It is an interesting find though, thank you

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
And of course, thete is always the Orlean Star Explorer "Star Cab" from Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Cab

Yeah, i've been going thru Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts & other books lately, making a list of ships & scouts that works in the 6 sectors that my 15 BBY campaign is set in. I was gonna discount this, but they might get one later, then get so fed up with the droids they scrap them all & replace them with the best assortment of Imperial droids they can get...
..
Maybe the old astromech/astrowreck jumps them too close to a star...
Maybe i'll give them a mix of KotOR, SWTOR & WEG 'junk' droids...
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: poodoo wifiless LOLOnet... Reply with quote

Last night the hp craputer's pos bs os crashed the video card, & i had to restart the craputer twice to get it to work at all.
Doing that did briefly free up over 200MB memory, so i was downloading & editing images as fast as i could, but multiple attempts to download the pngaaa.com-2888144.png file would not work; the pngaaa.com site ONLY allows one download option, which is apparently incompatible & incomputable with my poodoo wifiless LOLOnet...
Dr. Bidlo wrote:
I cannot find the ship name, but this one: https://www.pngaaa.com/detail/2888144

It's perfect!

This team does not get standard issue equipment because they are last chances and are not expected to do much, but the fact that they are underestimated by the Empire and their enemies alike is what gives them their edge.

Thank God there is a workaround!

I can screenshot the page with the skewed preview (1330 x 673), paste it into 2 paint windows, & resize in the 2nd paint window to the stated size of the file, 653 x 1025. Alongside the 653 x 1025, i have the 1330 x 673 scaled down to 677 x 342 (same aspect ratio), & again at 677 x 683.
I then took the cropped primary (skewed) image & my resized composite, pasting them from paint into yahoo mail, both as images in mail body & as attachments.
I will save to one or both hp's hard drives later.
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander


Joined: 24 Nov 2021
Posts: 387
Location: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: poodoo wifiless LOLOnet... Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Last night the hp craputer's pos bs os crashed the video card, & i had to restart the craputer twice to get it to work at all.
Doing that did briefly free up over 200MB memory, so i was downloading & editing images as fast as i could, but multiple attempts to download the pngaaa.com-2888144.png file would not work; the pngaaa.com site ONLY allows one download option, which is apparently incompatible & incomputable with my poodoo wifiless LOLOnet...
Dr. Bidlo wrote:
I cannot find the ship name, but this one: https://www.pngaaa.com/detail/2888144

It's perfect!

This team does not get standard issue equipment because they are last chances and are not expected to do much, but the fact that they are underestimated by the Empire and their enemies alike is what gives them their edge.

Thank God there is a workaround!

I can screenshot the page with the skewed preview (1330 x 673), paste it into 2 paint windows, & resize in the 2nd paint window to the stated size of the file, 653 x 1025. Alongside the 653 x 1025, i have the 1330 x 673 scaled down to 677 x 342 (same aspect ratio), & again at 677 x 683.
I then took the cropped primary (skewed) image & my resized composite, pasting them from paint into yahoo mail, both as images in mail body & as attachments.
I will save to one or both hp's hard drives later.

Do you want me to just save it as a .png with no background and email it to I you directly?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inquisitor1138
Commander
Commander


Joined: 28 Nov 2021
Posts: 291
Location: Hoth. Or Ilum...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: poodoo wifiless LOLOnet... Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
Do you want me to just save it as a .png with no background and email it to I you directly?

Sure thing! i'll pm you!
_________________
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession...

Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0