The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bizarre Characters...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Bizarre Characters...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregorius
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Bizarre Characters... Reply with quote

and bizarre roleplaying, and bizarre player choices.

One time I had a fellow player roleplay his character having an addiction to bacon. Another player had his character try to eat almost everything it encountered. Rolling Eyes

Anyone else got any?
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...I've had (in separate games mind you...) Wook, the wookiee Bounty Hunter and Filva, the Filvian, a repair tech from (you guessed it...) the planet Filv. I had a player so infatuated with Drittz Durden from the forgotten realms novels that he created a dark-skinned 'Gelfing' character, I later made the home planet of the race 'Gygaxia'.

The Wook player (off game mind you...) got mad because two other players didn't come over to his house and instead went to a party (with beer and single ladies...) and tried to run the game into the ground by turning the entire party over to Durga the Hutt and collect the bounty on them. he was thwarted by an R2 unit the group used for astrogation on the ship. He quit the game afterwards and swore vengeance telling us 'we would rue the day we interfered with his plan...' (I wish I could make that story up, my cousin 'Dude's made the comment for him to come back when he could quit quoting 'Real Genius' at us...)

I once had a player play a Wookiee kid named Kabarra, whose vocal cords were deformed enough to allow him to speak basic...

I've had to different human replica droids in the game played by two seperate people, one that looked like Tom Selleck's Thomas S. Magnum character (Named Thomas S. Blastech...) and the other one looked like Steven Seagal and was named Casei Slayback after his Casey Ryback character.

The guy who played Casei Slayback played two separate Klingon characters in two different eras of the game. One was the great Uncle of the other (The first was a Republic Special Forces officer, the other a Klingon Padawan...LMAO) Seth and I dreamt up the idea of the Klingon Padawan at work one day and decided to take the idea to the GM running the game. He went for it and it was more of a comedy routine with the two of us working out the things we were going to do in the game in the week before...my favorite all time quote from the character has to be "I've been training for two weeks now, I'm ready to take my trials and construct my own lightsaber!"

Thats just the stuff off the top of my head, more to follow I'm sure.
Keith
notmalcolypse
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a player once play an Abyssin that had a regeneration problem. He'd been so badly injured so many times that his body, while whole and functional, was just not quite aligned correctly. One arm was twisted around almost far enough to qualify as coming out of his chest. He had a dent in his skull. One leg was slightly shorter than the other.

He was a holo star. His show was a reality tv-like fare that consisted of him wandering around looking for trouble and when he found it, they filmed the ensuing chaos. Lots of him insulting assorted local toughs and then showing them that while the cameras would surely catch his heroically smoking carcass being blown to "safety" by the resulting explosions (he liked explosions), they were just nameless villains to boost his ratings.

The fact that he was legally a bounty hunter and his producers did enough research on the areas they were sending him to insure that he only got into it with the bad guys managed to keep him out of prison.

The game started with his ship being captured by pirates and him joining them, since the captain was a fan.
notmalcolypse
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of two characters, both conceived by the same player, neither ever played in a game.

The first was a battle droid that had been damaged and could no longer speak basic. It could only speak a language that no one else in the star wars universe could speak. The player was intending for that language to be spanish, since non of the other players or the gm spoke it. He was going to designate the droid 10p-3z, or lopez to it's friends.

The other character was going to be "Chet, the Safety Trooper," part of an Imperial PR campaign. The inspiration was an internet image of a stormie painted in tie-dye with a peace sign on his chest. The idea was that the character would be a defector, since he would have discovered all the propaganda that he'd spewed for so long (such as "Remember kids, if you see any strange old men in robes talking about fanciful religions, tell an adult immediately" and "Just because you can drop a door on your neighbor's pet doesn't mean you should")was just that.
Drop Bear
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewok Bounty Hunter with a Storm Trooper Helmet, Heavy Blaster Pistol and a whole heap of attitude, along the way he picked up a Repulserlift Glider Force Pike and other fun toys. the guy had unusually high Mech & Tech for an Ewok, ended up gutting an Assassin Droid that a Hutt sent after him and turning it in to a Personal Walker/Flying Battle Suit then went on a suicide run against the Hutt and some how survived. that's when I decided things where getting too silly so he jumped in to his Hyperdrive capable FranknTIE and retired to Endor.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in this game, but I've had a couple of odd characters in my verious games.

A werewolf with a speach impediment in an old WoD game.

An ancient gnomish lady patterned after Yoda in Pathfinder.

A rollingpin weilding, law enforcing, grandmother in Exodus.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've told this before. Had a friend who was the GM/DM for a game he and some of his other friends were playing. Tagged along with him the last night of the adventure with another of his friends. As it turned out a couple of the gaming buddies couldn't make it that night so I was asked if I wouldn't mind playing one of their PCs. This little old lady. Was told that the plan was she was going to die that night so not to worry about things and just play. Not a problem.

However, had her go insane from a supernatural attack. Started playing her like a female Yoda, sans the Yoda wisdom (keep in mind this was about '97 so no one had heard of Yaddle yet). And I also had her tie a carving nife to the end of her broom as a weapon. The other players were cracking up and somehow she ended up surviving. So somewhere in that universe there's this crazy old bitty running around hacking and slashing with her makeshift weapon at anyone and everyone, human or monster, speaking like Yoda.

Wanted Poster
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
As it turned out a couple of the gaming buddies couldn't make it that night so I was asked if I wouldn't mind playing one of their PCs. This little old lady. Was told that the plan was she was going to die that night so not to worry about things and just play.

Whose "plan" was it? That's messed up to kill off a PC when the normal player of the PC can't make it that night. Even if the player was in on this plan, wouldn't the normal player want to play the PC's death?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't my plan if that's what you're thinking. I was taken aside and told what was going to happen. It was supposed to be the last night they were going to play period and characters were going to die.

Wanted Poster
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I wasn't thinking it was your plan. You said you pulled in to take someone's place. I can just see the normal player being upset that his character was planned to be killed off without him present, whether it was the GM's plan or the player's plan. Wouldn't most players not like their PC's death being played by another player? But it sounds like the campaign was going to end that night no matter what so it was one of those "Too bad, if you can't make it for the final adventure then someone else will play your character" situations. I started a campaign off like that one time (player substitution) but I've never ended a campaign like that.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: