The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

NPC Collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> NPC Collection. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
IIRC, weren't there some still left to do?

Raven Redstar wrote:
I think he was partially done with force users IIRC, which is why the collection is v0.85.

Yes, I had barely started work on a Force Users section of the collection that was intended to cover Jedi, Sith, and other Force Users. But that was around the same time my gaming group moved on to Pathfinder. When not actively playing Star Wars, my attention shifted to the work of building a Pathfinder campaign. Since then, I just havent got back to finishing up the NPCs. I'm sure it will happen some day, but its hard to say when. I guess, whenever I can get my gaming group focused on Star Wars again, . . . maybe after this new movie comes out?
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you cant get them to watch Rebels?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynanbloodbane wrote:
I take it you cant get them to watch Rebels?

Havent got to see Rebels yet myself, and of the gamers in my gaming group, I'm the one who is by far most interested in Star Wars. I've been wanting to pick up the DVD release to see if its any good, but our budget simply doesn't allow for it (We dont have cable, and we have fairly poor internet service. Between those, it limits our viewing options. Confused ) Oh well, once we near the end of our current Pathfinder campaign, I plan to pitch a Star Wars campaign to gauge interest and to see if we can shift to that long enough to run a campaign, . . . I've been fighting the urge to dig out the Darkstryder campaign and see if I can get everyone on board for a modified version of that campaign. If we ever do get back into Star Wars, then I have every intention to get back into this, and several other projects that I have planned for Star Wars.
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, you play what you can, especially with the family. Best of luck!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to looking through my old notes, and it looks like I didnt get much further than making a list of what needed to be stated.

This is what my old files contained (Along with a bunch of empty stat blocks that still needed to be filled):

Jedi:
Quote:
Ag Corps
Antarian Ranger
Gray Paladin
Iron Knights
Jedi Healer
Jedi Instructor
Jedi Negotiator
Jedi Warrior
Jedi Initiate
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Consular
Jedi Sentinel
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Ace
Jedi Peacekeeper
Jedi Weapon Master
Jedi Youngling
Lore Keeper
Researcher
Seer
Investigator
Shadow
Watchman
Altisian
Altisian Jedi
Dathomir Witch
Fallanassi
Jensaari
Voss Mystic
Zeison Sha

Sith:
Quote:
Dark Side Adept
Dark Side Prophet
Sith Warrior
Sith Assassin
Sith Lord
Sith Sorcerer
Apprentice
Sith Spy
Sith Inquisitor
Sith Minion
Sith Overseer
Sith Soldier
Loremaster
Krath
Nightsister
Sorcerer of Tund
Teepo Paladins

Maybe once I can finish up a couple of other projects, I can get back to putting away at this a little bit at a time. Confused
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, Teepo Paladins are an offshoot of the Jedi, not Sith. They use blasters instead of a lightsaber as their weapon of choice. They're still a largely light-side based group.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
cynanbloodbane wrote:
Very nice Guardian! I'm not even sure how many hours you just saved me. Very Happy

Thats what I was making it for! WEG was great about releasing stats for characters all the time, but I always felt they were lacking in more generic stat for gaming. This project was my way of trying to give a little something back to a community that I love while complementing the less generic stat sets that WEG created over the years.

As for hour many hours I just saved you? I shudder to think of all the time I have invested in the collection. I figure it was somewhere between 75-100 hours (Give or take) to create the collection. Its amazing how quickly one can put together a range or stats for a character type once you've cranked out about a hundred of them, . . . Wink

I'm just glad that people are still interested in the collection and are still putting it to use! Very Happy

Combined with all the time we spent editing them!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
As far as I know, Teepo Paladins are an offshoot of the Jedi, not Sith. They use blasters instead of a lightsaber as their weapon of choice. They're still a largely light-side based group.

Some of the later additions were just slapped indiscriminately onto the list, so the groupings might not be 100% accurate. Embarassed Will be fixed whenever I get around to working on the project again.

garhkal wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:
cynanbloodbane wrote:
Very nice Guardian! I'm not even sure how many hours you just saved me. Very Happy

Thats what I was making it for! WEG was great about releasing stats for characters all the time, but I always felt they were lacking in more generic stat for gaming. This project was my way of trying to give a little something back to a community that I love while complementing the less generic stat sets that WEG created over the years.

As for hour many hours I just saved you? I shudder to think of all the time I have invested in the collection. I figure it was somewhere between 75-100 hours (Give or take) to create the collection. Its amazing how quickly one can put together a range or stats for a character type once you've cranked out about a hundred of them, . . . Wink

I'm just glad that people are still interested in the collection and are still putting it to use! Very Happy

Combined with all the time we spent editing them!

Very true, the members of this community spent countless hours pointing out all my spelling errors, discrepancies and blatant mistakes I made along the way. Not to mention all the time we all spent discussing the project and tossing around ideas.
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that there was no inquisitor NPC in it. A well made supplement never the less. It will be a great help for my games.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx1138 wrote:
I'm surprised that there was no inquisitor NPC in it. A well made supplement never the less. It will be a great help for my games.

I'm glad you're going to find the collection useful!

If you're talking about the individual The Inquisitor, then I made this collection before Rebels (Which I am yet to see) and the intention was to create a host of generic NPCs for GMs to drop into their games at will with only the need to add some flavor/background to the character and slip it into their game. If you're talking about an Inquisitor in more generic terms, then thats my own fault for missing the character type.

Both the Imperial Knight and the Shadow Guard in the Imperial section of the book could easily fit the bill for an Inquisitor. Hope that is helpful at least.

One of the reasons that I waved the Force Users portion of the project for last was because of the complexity of creating force users. The balance between making a character powerful (Or not so powerful) while leaving it open enough that a GM can add powers so it fits their own campaigns can be difficult at best. That and generally speaking, in my group's own games, Force Users are generally unique enough that they justify their own, well thought out set of stats. Hopefully there will be a wide range of useful Force User stats whenever I get around to finishing the collection.
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No just a generic inquisitor NPC, there were most likely a lot of weaker nameless ones under the high and grand inquisitors.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Whill, can we add Guardian_A`s NPC compilations to the download page? The links in the OP are basically useless...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Hey, Whill, can we add Guardian_A`s NPC compilations to the download page? The links in the OP are basically useless...

It's always been there since day one, listed as "Ultimate NPC Collection".
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, all of the NPC's listed decided to Coordinate their Sneak skill when I Searched for it...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Apparently, all of the NPC's listed decided to Coordinate their Sneak skill when I Searched for it...

Smile Since you bumped the thread, I went ahead and edited the link into the OP too.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: