The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Disney buys Lucasfilm and promises 3 more Star Wars movies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Disney buys Lucasfilm and promises 3 more Star Wars movies! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 03 Jun 2005
Posts: 230

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok how about a strong intelligent female protagonist this time?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdukWtJwlPU

Go ahead click it. It's safe this time...I promise, trust me...
_________________
"Hey sith happens..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2011
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Trust me..."

Looked at your Avatar right after I read those words and giggled, I'm not going to lie.
_________________
Blasted rules. Why can't they just be perfect?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4901
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five years ago today, they announced Disney was buying Lucasfilm and more Star Wars movies were coming out. What a long, strange trip it's been.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1296
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Five years ago today, they announced Disney was buying Lucasfilm and more Star Wars movies were coming out. What a long, strange trip it's been.


And it's only going to get better from here. I like TFA (it only grew on me after the first viewing, I'll admit) and I love Rogue One. I can't wait for TLJ and the Han Solo movie.
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2011
Location: Kansas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear hear!
_________________
Blasted rules. Why can't they just be perfect?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4901
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I like TFA... and I love Rogue One. I can't wait for TLJ and the Han Solo movie.

I love TFA but otherwise feel the same way. I'm also really excited for an inter-trilogy Kenobi film with Ewan McGregor.

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Five years ago today, they announced Disney was buying Lucasfilm and more Star Wars movies were coming out. What a long, strange trip it's been.

And it's only going to get better from here.

Only better? I appreciate your optimism but I can't make bold statements like that. At the rate of one film per year, I'm sure that eventually I will see them start to decline, and sadly Disney will completely run the franchise into the ground, probably within my own lifetime. I'm not saying it will happen any time soon (I hope not!), but it is inevitable. I'm not looking forward to that but I'm thankful for what we get in the mean time and enjoying the ride.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrNexx
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 25 Mar 2016
Posts: 1232
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, one thing that disappoints me about TFA, and I think really contributes to the "Just a copy of ANH" feeling is the destruction of Starkiller Base. I think I would've prefered if the raid at the end had damaged it, even temporarily incapacitated it, while leaving its destruction something for the finale of the second trilogy. I think having it out there, still functioning, would've created a great sense of menace for the next two films.

But I don't view it as a deal-breaker... just a preference.
_________________
"I’m telling you, you’ll never have a deeper sleep than curled up in a Wookie’s lap."
“We're going to win this war, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.”
http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 4901
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
So, one thing that disappoints me about TFA, and I think really contributes to the "Just a copy of ANH" feeling is the destruction of Starkiller Base. I think I would've prefered if the raid at the end had damaged it, even temporarily incapacitated it, while leaving its destruction something for the finale of the second trilogy. I think having it out there, still functioning, would've created a great sense of menace for the next two films.

But I don't view it as a deal-breaker... just a preference.

I totally get that. After having Death Star II in Return of the Jedi, I fully expected a more epic superweapon at least in the final episode of the new trilogy, but I was quite surprised they put it in the first episode. It begs the question, How can the final episode possibly top the Starkiller base? But at the time JJ Abrams wasn't coming back so it may have been a case of him making the best movie he could make and having the complete freedom to just not worry about what happens next. Now that he is coming back for the final episode, it is now his issue to follow up the Starkiller so let's hope he is creative enough to make a fitting trilogy conclusion without having to crank the ludicrous factor too much.

But I can't really judge how the destruction of the Starkiller affects the drama of the next two episodes because I haven't seen them yet. I want to give them a chance to be great episodes and complete a great trilogy. All I can say now is, TFA is a great movie on its own. I hope I don't watch the third episode and feel that Starkiller shouldn't have been in TFA or shouldn't have been destroyed, but we'll see. How well TFA (and its Starkiller destruction) serves the trilogy as a whole remains to be seen.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrNexx
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 25 Mar 2016
Posts: 1232
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
So, one thing that disappoints me about TFA, and I think really contributes to the "Just a copy of ANH" feeling is the destruction of Starkiller Base. I think I would've prefered if the raid at the end had damaged it, even temporarily incapacitated it, while leaving its destruction something for the finale of the second trilogy. I think having it out there, still functioning, would've created a great sense of menace for the next two films.

But I don't view it as a deal-breaker... just a preference.

I totally get that. After having Death Star II in Return of the Jedi, I fully expected a more epic superweapon at least in the final episode of the new trilogy, but I was quite surprised they put it in the first episode. It begs the question, How can the final episode possibly top the Starkiller base? But at the time JJ Abrams wasn't coming back so it may have been a case of him making the best movie he could make and having the complete freedom to just not worry about what happens next. Now that he is coming back for the final episode, it is now his issue to follow up the Starkiller so let's hope he is creative enough to make a fitting trilogy conclusion without having to crank the ludicrous factor too much.

But I can't really judge how the destruction of the Starkiller affects the drama of the next two episodes because I haven't seen them yet. I want to give them a chance to be great episodes and complete a great trilogy. All I can say now is, TFA is a great movie on its own. I hope I don't watch the third episode and feel that Starkiller shouldn't have been in TFA or shouldn't have been destroyed, but we'll see. How well TFA (and its Starkiller destruction) serves the trilogy as a whole remains to be seen.


Oh, certainly. I'm not prejudging and, TBH, I'm probably going to be relatively uncritical of the movies on release. Just ruminations as I listen to TFA.
_________________
"I’m telling you, you’ll never have a deeper sleep than curled up in a Wookie’s lap."
“We're going to win this war, not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.”
http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue One is spectacular. TFA is so bad I wouldn’t be surprised if it broke the universe and the new generation of movies forever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0