The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Please Help me Identify this Familiar Shuttle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Please Help me Identify this Familiar Shuttle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Please Help me Identify this Familiar Shuttle Reply with quote

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/images/6/6e/SigmaShuttle.jpg
not sure why it isn't showing property.

Is this from The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels? Another book/licensed work? I feel i've seen it before its use for the Sigma-class shuttle @ http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php/Sigma_Shuttle, but i can't remember & can't find my books to check them.
i tried Image search, but no luck.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omicron-Class Attack Shuttle from Bad Batch.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a modified Lambda.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Please Help me Identify this Familiar Shuttle Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Omicron-Class Attack Shuttle from Bad Batch.

It's similar, but not the same ship.

garhkal wrote:
Looks like a modified Lambda.

A lot of shuttles in Star Wars riff off the Lambda in design.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
http://d6holocron.com/wiki/images/6/6e/SigmaShuttle.jpg
not sure why it isn't showing property.

The image is not rendering here directly because it is an unsecure image from an unsecure website. You can tell by the URL starting with an "http:" instead of "https:". The "s" literally stands for "secure".

The Rancor Pit used to be an unsecure site until I took over. I got a security license installed and enabled an automatic redirect feature so that even when you use an old Rancor Pit link without the "s" in the URL, it instantly redirects to the "secure" version of the web page or image. "For a safe and secure society."

Since the image can't be shared here directly anyway, there is no reason to share the image link separately from the link for the Holocron Wiki page it appears on...

Quote:
Is this from The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels? Another book/licensed work? I feel i've seen it before its use for the Sigma-class shuttle @ http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php/Sigma_Shuttle, but i can't remember & can't find my books to check them.
i tried Image search, but no luck.

According to Wookieepedia, the shuttle is mentioned in the The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, but it doesn't have its own entry in that book. The only other source is the original source, WEG Alliance Intelligence Reports, where it is the class of a modified ship. I haven't gotten down that book to check, but it could be the case that neither the class nor the modified ship have been represented with an official image anywhere because those Wookieepedia pages do not have any images.

I don't know where the image in the Holocron Wiki entry comes from, but the Holocron Wiki user who uploaded it is thedemonapostle who also has an account here. He did stop the Pit by a couple times this year, most recently in June to share his well-wishes in the 20th Anniversary thread. You may want to try PMing him to see if he remembers where he got the image from.

By the way, you typed a comma at the end of the URL to the Holocron Wiki entry which adds the comma to the URL so the link goes to a Holocron Wiki page that does exist. To get around that all you have to do is use the URL tags around the URL, then the comma is outside the tags and not included in the linking. FYI.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Whill! i'll do that!
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: