The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Gambling - Jubilee Wheel tool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Gambling - Jubilee Wheel tool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:57 am    Post subject: Gambling - Jubilee Wheel tool Reply with quote

Hi,

Created this excel tool for playing Jubilee Wheel in my upcoming session. Hopefully it will be useful for others.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vdnw3ie600zxq8pijr6lo/Jubilee-Wheel.xlsx?rlkey=b68kyxjk8rzqc73dx1sr1l32j&dl=0

Deano
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are their any limits on the # of players that play at a time? A minimum or maximum?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set it up for 1 to 20 players. Didn’t think that you’d have more than that at a roulette wheel table. Can make it bigger if people want.

Deano
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deano wrote:
I set it up for 1 to 20 players. Didn’t think that you’d have more than that at a roulette wheel table. Can make it bigger if people want.

It doesn't need to be more than that. Are those the canon rules, or are they not specified so that is something you filled in?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the rules of the game, I have just taken them from the wookieepedia entry.

Deano
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since multiple players can choose the same number (because there is a rule for splitting the pot), I guess the order of the players choosing numbers doesn't matter. But the rules still don't seem complete in canon.

There definitely should be an upper limit for players because the more players playing mean the less the odds are for the house keeping all or part of the pot.

And the pot comes from the total amount of the bids, right? Are the bids always $30 each? I can see there maybe being different wheels of different bid amounts, so you can have low stakes and high stakes versions.

Question about the sheet – I see the 12 player names but line 13 has a 6 by it. That implies a 13th player, but the bid amount is $30 and the pot is $360 which would be 30x12. If there is a 13th player, wouldn't the pot be $390? If there isn't, then what is that 6 doing there?

Unfortunately I can't actually play the game on the sheet because my mac laptop does not have a F9 button. I've tried what the internet says can be equivalents but none of them work. I've also tried just refreshing the tab, and Xing out and going back into the document, but it always comes up exactly the same with the winning # 14, and Han and Mace splitting half the pot. So I can't test the sheet myself to see what happens.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be using it today so I'll be able to give a bit more feedback later. I intend to allow gamblers to pick their number selection for the wheel based on their gambling skill rolls in reverse order, i.e. the highest picks their number last and lowest first.

The cap on players is absent in canon, which is why I thought 20 is a good maximum.

As per the instructions you can absolutely change the bid amounts for low and high stake amounts.

The 6 is a typo and now gone, thanks for the spot.

That's odd. I'll try to take a look on my macbook

Thanks for the engagement

Deano
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deano wrote:
I intend to allow gamblers to pick their number selection for the wheel based on their gambling skill rolls in reverse order, i.e. the highest picks their number last and lowest first.

So in your version of the game, player number selections cannot be repeated? (And it is advantageous to choose last because you can see what everyone else has selected and try to be strategic?) According to the Wookieepedia article, the entire jackpot can be split among multiple players, and the only way that is possible is if multiple players can select the same number. There is nothing wrong with your alteration – There are many variations of Sabacc in the galaxy. With the canon version I can even see it being secret what number each player has entered, so no one can see anyone else's selection. But then it would be pure luck and no strategy involved.

Quote:
As per the instructions you can absolutely change the bid amounts for low and high stake amounts.

"Input...the bid value for the wheel." Got it.

Quote:
I'm going to be using it today so I'll be able to give a bit more feedback later...

That's odd. I'll try to take a look on my macbook

Thanks for the engagement

Since you updated it, now the web drop box tab always comes up 33 with Ben taking half the pot (even after closing the tab and reopening it). But I did find a way to get it work. I dowloaded a copy of the spreadsheet. Then every time I bring it up, it is randomized with a different winning number/result. So only a minor inconvenience of having to close and reopen the excel document for each spin.

Hopefully other people with PCs (computers) can test the F9 button for you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the delay, Christmas Festivities took over!

Players can repeat number selections if they wish, I don't think I said they can't in our discussion so far. Using the gambling skill for reverse order number selection seemed to work well as they can try to be strategic as you say.

It all works fine on the PC and the players enjoyed playing it. Kids loved playing it too hahaha.

We also played with the Galaxy's Edge Sabacc Playing Card Game during the session for sabaac and that was really fun to. We used the gambling skill checks to assess bluffing type checks. Overall, it was probably more player driven rather than character driven though - albeit a great laugh.

Deano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: