The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New templates...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> New templates... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have an immediate use for the natural pilot one, but with a slight modification. If I get him in the game I'm eyeballing, he'll need his specialties in space transports, not fighters. Otherwise, it looks good.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a numerous templates over the years, I'll list a few of my more recent ones, if anyone's interested, gimme a shout:
Proffessional Racer
Proffessional Athlete
Media Corespondant
Entertainer
Investigator
System Authority (Police)
Dockworker
Archeologist
Scholar
Scientist

I am working on trying to incorporate more non-combat character types into the basic game. These are rough titles, and are meant to keep the templates flexible.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send em.....
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, garhkal, I'm using that Natural Pilot template in a New Jedi Order era game. He's working out alright so far... the game's going kinda slow, so I'm chomping at the bit for a chance to get some more action with him. He's got some budding secondary skills in the area of slicing, so that looks to provide some good non-combat help.

And, probably best of all, he's in a unit with Jedi pilots. Since he's Force-sensitive, once the game gets moving more rapidly, it's only a matter of time until they actually detect it. Once that happens, he can start training in the Force as well...

It looks like he's gonna be a real interesting character to play.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad for ya... What ship did you go for?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Incom T-65AC4 X-Wing, with an R2 Delta model. Here's what the character and ship look like.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool! But his face is kind of making him look like he's thinking, "OK, when I get my hands on the jerk that pained my X-Wing Puke Green...". Laughing
cyborgxxi
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These aren't bad... not bad at all. It makes me want to have a more unique character Razz
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah... that's the look for, "Yeah, just let me get my crosshairs on the drek ball callin' this PUKE green..."

Razz
Dan Solo
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
An Incom T-65AC4 X-Wing, with an R2 Delta model. Here's what the character and ship look like.

What's the difference between a standard T-65 and an AC4 variant? And for that matter, what's so special about a R2 Delta?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several years of play (and not havig much luck getting people to like it, strangely enough), i have done a few mods to the Old School Bodyguard template.

Character history: Born into a religious orphanage, you were raised to respect everything, especially life. When you reached 16, the elders told you of their “secret”. They trained you to be a highly skilled bodyguard, who’s fees helped the orphanage (and indirectly other charities). Several years later, you were released. The official name of your organization was somewhat cliché, but they did what many other groups of bodyguards were un willing to do, take the shot for those protected. You have excelled at learning archaic weapons and techniques, so as to throw off would be assassins and assailants.

Dex: 3d+1
Archaic weaponry*, bows*, brawling parry, dodge, grenade, firearms*, melee, melee parry, running, thrown weapons
Know: 3d
Alien species, bureaucracy, intimidation, languages, law enforcement, streetwise, survival, willpower
Mech: 2d+2
beast riding, communications, ground vehicle operations, hover vehicle operations, repulsorlift operations, sensors
Per: 3d+2
Bargain, hide, investigations, search, sneak
Str: 3d+1
Brawl, lift, stamina
Tech: 2d
Archaic weapon repair*, bow repair*, first aid, firearm repair*, ground vehicle repair, hover vehicle repair, repulsorlift repair, security

Special abilities/penalties: Photographic memory.
Notes: * Player chooses 1 of Archaic weaponry, Bow and Firearms to have as ranged weaponry skill. They also keep that corresponding repair skill

Equipment: If player opted for either the Archaic weapon or Firearms, they get one that has a 5d max damage and 50 shots free. if they opted for the Bow skill, they get one strength bow (Str+1d, 3yds per pip of strength for short/6 yards for medium/9 yards for long range) and 30 arrows with a quiver. Earpiece/thorax operated Com-link, Dark-light glassed (allows infrared vision to 50 feet), stun baton, ID, 4 sets business clothes, Data pad with link to BBS, 1500 credits.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, garhkal. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. I love templates (the more options and inspirations players have available, the better). I just may have to yoink some of those!

Whenever I get around to writing up a few PC templates I've come up with, I'll be happy to share them here.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoink away
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing some modification here is the revised version of the Sniper...

Rebel sniper
Dex 3D+2, skills, Blaster, Brawl parry, Dodge, Grenade, Firearms, Melee, Melee parry
Know 3D, skills: Alien species, Anatomy, Language, Streetwise, Survival
Mech 2D+1, skills: Communications, Hover vehicle ops, Repulsor ops, Starship gunnery
Per 3D+1, skills: Bargain OR Con, Camouflage, Hide, Command, Search, Sneak
Str 3D+1, skills: Brawl, Climb/jump, Lift, Stamina, Swim
Tech 2D+1, skills: Blaster repair OR Computer prog/rep, Demolitions, First aid, Firearm repair.

Starting Equipment and bonuses/penalties: Gets 2 free specialties. One in firearms. Of the type of rifle he uses, The other for firearm repair. Cannot be (or purchase later) force sensitive. Starts with one free rifle of type he specializes in of either increased range (+50%), or Increased damage (+1D), 50 bullets, a 50X45 scope (with infrared capability or low-light capability, silencer and bipod. 2 blaster pistols, 4 power packs, belt, 1 cammo suit, 3 regular uniforms, and 2000 credits std.

REBEL SNIPER
You came from a family who cherished the old ways, using land for all it was worth, not just raping it of 1 or 2 minerals then leaving it be. When you reached the tender age of 12, your uncle/father, had you join in their hunting excursions. It was here that you learnt to appreciate the hard work and lessons, mom taught. Tracking beasts over forests, deserts, and plains, you became an accomplished tracker, and scout. You loved the hunting, and the thrill of the kill. When you became an adult, you joined full time, the family business. Then the empire hit. They outlawed your families business. When your parents went to protest, they were slaughtered, without any mercy. You ran, taking only your hunting equipment, and your trusty rifle with you. when you stopped running, long enough to clear your head, you decided joining the rebellion would be the best way to get back. Since, you have not looked back.
You are taciturn, and closed off, a lot. You try your best to just get the job done, and not converse, if you can.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal, nice templates. I especially like the little quirks, benefits, and limitations. Since you asked for comments in the original post, here is what occurs to me.

General comment – a number of the templates get a free specialization. Given all the discussion on how specialization works in the RAW, are you house ruling specializations in a different way or is this just the equivalent of 1/3 extra dice at character creation?

Pre-Space Mercenary
– 1000 credits seems like a lot of cash coming from a pre-space society. It also seems like it would encourage immediate purchase of modern weapons or equipment which seems contrary to the double CP cost to learn space age skills. Now if the cash was for spending on archaic equipment before leaving the planet with a smaller cash reserve I’d like it better. Alternately if the player doesn’t actually know the value of his “treasure” until it is properly assessed on the galactic market that could also be interesting.

- Since specialization increases separately from base skill, a single specialization at character creation does not seem to balance the significant (and interesting) penalty of “Double CP cost to "LEARN" space age skills.” I’d tone down the disadvantage or beef up the advantage.

Ships Doctor
You didn’t list (A) medicine as a starting skill. It should be on the list for a doctor. I’d adjust Special benefits/penalties to “2d for every 1d initially placed in first aid or medicine. Which is a big advantage balanced by the “If takes a life, even in self-defense, earns an instant DSP” penalty. I would also specify that the character is Force Sensitive, so that accumulating DSPs is really a bad thing.

I’d eliminate the following – “Can only use weapons, which stun or incapacitate” as unnecessary since the player, if smart, will do that anyway rather than risk accumulating DSPs. Besides the dramatic value of use the deadly weapon to save yourself or your friends but risk killing someone or stand by your principles and *not* pick up the weapon is too interesting.

Wilderness Guide
Given that the character is said to “send back the money you earn to keep the family happy, and prosperous......” I would reduce starting cash of 750 credits significantly.

Disowned spoilt rich kid - This is an interesting character. I would also consider making the rich kid a Remittance Man where the family pays to have him/her stay away from home by making periodic payments (quarterly, annually, whatever).

Old School bodyguard – given the monastic background and focus on archaic weapons this character would be a perfect one for advanced martial arts skills.

Natural Pilot
Playing music is hysterical. It must be loud and dramatic music.

My brash pilot character likes playing music while flying/in combat. His favorite is what we call Torina-Pop. This music is actually soundtracks from 80’s Japanese Anime e.g. Bubblegum Crisis. He does this without getting any bonus just cause we thought it was funny.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: