The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Together we will rule the galaxy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Together we will rule the galaxy! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Together we will rule the galaxy! Reply with quote

I was wondering if your characters or your player’s characters ever have any out of plot agendas. Do they have any long-term goals besides completing the current adventure plot?

Are they aiming for the emperor seat or do they want their own hot dog stand?
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want toys! Gear. Guns. Anything shiny and cool.

Want to send them on an adventure? Drop a hint that there's some cool gear there.... they'll run every time.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No power in the universe can stand before the combined greed of a group of player characters.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. That's a documented physical force in the star wars universe. It's stronger than electromagnetism. Sudden ownership of a ship with a cloaking device can actually cause a player character to levitate a few inches above the ground for an hour or so.

Complete Starship Construction System
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a character who retired from adventuring opened up a repair shop & passenger charter business. He employed a couple of freighter captains he'd run across in his adventures, he settled down and started a family. The business turned out to be quite profitable for him in the long run. Since a charter can net quite a bit of dough. He arranged with the various captains that they could set down at his shop for repairs and re-fueling for a percentage of their charter intake.

For the most point, every character I've had has some sort of goals aside from completing the current adventure plot. Even if they don't at character creation, they generally do by the end of the first adventure or two, nothing like ruling the galaxy, but sometimes carving out their own little crime syndicate or becoming an officer in the alliance military or the imperial. Or they want to overthrow the corrupt government or whatever.

When I run for players, I generally have them come up with something for their characters to shoot for, I try to keep it reasonable of course.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
Oh yeah. That's a documented physical force in the star wars universe. It's stronger than electromagnetism. Sudden ownership of a ship with a cloaking device can actually cause a player character to levitate a few inches above the ground for an hour or so.

Actually, it applies to nearly any roleplaying game, save those that are really deep immersion. I've always felt that, in addition to the four known documented physical forces (strong nuclelar, weak nuclear, gravity, and electromagnetism), there is a fifth force at work: irony.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutrals tend to want to hit it big and retire in the lap of luxury. Rebels tend to want to defeat the Empire, then semi-retire to some simple peaceful existence. A few want to go out in a blaze of glory.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had one aspiring diplomat; she intended to have a seat in the senate.

My Sith character was the most ambitious. He had plans deposing Darth Vader to be the Emperor's chosen, he intended to build/develop a Sith Guard, an academy/corps of Dark Side adepts to function as the Emperor's hidden guard, and enforcers of Imperial law/rule... sort of a Sith secret service. His eventual plan was to be the Imperial heir, of course, but that was further off.
The character was not openly Sith, however, and was a Captain in the Imperial Navy. He had strong plans for ascension through the naval ranks up to the top.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen abashed good guys go almost evil at the thought of scoring big.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

The BIG SCORE is the dark side of the Force for the non sensitive Very Happy

The greed is as always widespread in our current party, and so far no one seems to ave any other goals than to get the job done and cash in while doing it. Although the mission is what matters so far, all the party founds go into buying mission related stuff that we wreck within minutes...

And my own character is such an air head that long term goals isn't yet in her vocabulary. She is not much of a planner and no one would listen to her anyway.
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:

For the most point, every character I've had has some sort of goals aside from completing the current adventure plot. Even if they don't at character creation, they generally do by the end of the first adventure or two, nothing like ruling the galaxy, but sometimes carving out their own little crime syndicate or becoming an officer in the alliance military or the imperial. Or they want to overthrow the corrupt government or whatever.

I was thinking it would be fun to form another rebel faction. One that wants to keep the empire but replace the Emperor with some appropriate benign Jedi... muahahahaha... Wink

But like I said, complicated plans like this are not something my character would come up with herself. Rolling Eyes Maybe I can plant the idea in some other player Twisted Evil
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dysal Dustflier, now a disgraced Imperial officer and freelancing smuggler, was once a respected and decorated TIE/In ace pilot. Though distanced from the Imperial Navy, he seeks redemption and to regain the pride associated with his former accomplishments.

Sleaso Doraat, an Ithorian spice dealer, has the goal of eventually curing himself of his addiction and returning to his herdship in time for the Great Meet. His even more long term goal is to follow "the call" and dedicate his life to the care and protection of Mother Jungle on Ithor.

Just a couple goals.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
garhkal wrote:

The BIG SCORE is the dark side of the Force for the non sensitive Very Happy

The greed is as always widespread in our current party, and so far no one seems to ave any other goals than to get the job done and cash in while doing it. Although the mission is what matters so far, all the party founds go into buying mission related stuff that we wreck within minutes...

And my own character is such an air head that long term goals isn't yet in her vocabulary. She is not much of a planner and no one would listen to her anyway.

It was fun when your armoured speeder transport was cut up by the dark sider... Laughing
Well, almost as new with that piece of corrugated iron covering the roof that was cut out...
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:
I was thinking it would be fun to form another rebel faction. One that wants to keep the empire but replace the Emperor with some appropriate benign Jedi... muahahahaha... Wink

But like I said, complicated plans like this are not something my character would come up with herself. Rolling Eyes Maybe I can plant the idea in some other player Twisted Evil

Yes, if you look up benign in a dictionary you will find a picture of Johnny.. Laughing
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZzaphodD wrote:
Random Numbers wrote:

Yes, if you look up benign in a dictionary you will find a picture of Johnny.. Laughing

Maybe I'll find a picture of myself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: