The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
They were administering the nasal test at work for a while. A few folks (hardened combat vet types) complained of long term pain/damage to the nasal cavity. Now they use a spit test which is completely non-invasive.

I have heard some nasal tests are not shoved way up the nose like the ones we were getting... ours were way, way up there. How far up did they go for a sample on your test?

Mine looked like a green pipe cleaner. It felt like it went all the way up, and she warned me it would. She went in the right nostril. I braced myself for worse, but she put it up there, twisted it around a bit, then pulled it out. It wasn't bad at all. But I was in excruciating abdomen pain at the time and had three different narcotics in my system when she did it, so maybe it would have felt worse in different circumstances. But my nose never felt any different later.

Grimace wrote:
Things have increased in the county I live in, and there's various levels of concern with people. I still go to work every day, along with the other warehousemen, linemen, and gas servicemen. We're all still healthy, though with the occasional stuffy nose or sore throat from guys going out hunting in single digit weather and such. No cases at my work, and nothing wrong with me.

We just keep keepin' on.

I live in the capital of Ohio. Unfortunately, today Ohio hit its all time daily high of new cases, over 3,500.

I'm surprised they didn't cancel Trick-or-Treating tonight. My son was Cal Kestis, the protagonist of the Jedi: Fallen Order game. Like the past few years, we went to the neighborhood of his best friend, which had to go to a new school this year due to redistricting (but they are both remote learning anyway). We were all sanitized and masked. A lot of people understandably did not participate, so the houses giving out candy were fewer and farther between, and we only stayed out one hour instead of two. I told my son to not touch any candy in his bag, and when we got home I just put it up and said he could have some tomorrow. We already had candy at home that he had tonight because you just have to eat candy after trick-or-treating. And we had hot chocolate to warm up. My son is 11 so he may decide next year that he is done with trick-or-treating. This pandemic version unfortunately could be it.

I dressed up as "V for Vendetta" which freaked out kids and adults alike. Twisted Evil
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really bad for kids these days. Things are so very wonky and abnormal, and for kids that can be rather jarring and inhibitive to normal development. I'm glad your son got some sense of normalcy and was able to trick-or-treat, even though it wasn't quite what "normal" would have been. At least he got a sense of normal.

So many other things for kids are being cancelled, including in the county I live in. It's distressing, and I'm really glad our son is grown up and out of school. Granted, he has his own issues to contend with as an adult, one of them being the location he is living in: Portland. Between fires, riots and covid-19, it's being a heck of a test.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, because of idiots (not the least of which is the Premier of Manitoba), my Province is closing down again. Entirely. Full shutdown.

So, back to being almost entirely isolated again with absolutely miserable mental health (not that my mental health is ever "good").

But, none of my family has it. None of my friends.

Still, it's enough to turn a man to drink. And I wasn't exactly sober before this all went down to begin with.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there buddy.

I just found out that my dad's first cousin has covid. He's 73 and in nursing home. I'm worried about him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out today that my wife's first cousin's son picked up covid from school. As far as they know, no one else in the family has it but they are all quarantined. His mother is a doctor so they are in good hands.

My cousin (once removed) with covid started showing minor symptoms including low fever today.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I found out today that my wife's first cousin's son picked up covid from school. As far as they know, no one else in the family has it but they are all quarantined. His mother is a doctor so they are in good hands.

My cousin (once removed) with covid started showing minor symptoms including low fever today.

Health and luck to them.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Last I heard my dad's cousin is recovering from covid. Unfortunately, he has other medical issues he is dealing with.

One of my son's best friends, a 10-year-old girl who used to live in our neighborhood but still goes to his school (she is actually in his remote learning class this year), has covid. And her mom which we are friends with. They are careful. The girl got it from her dad's house because unfortunately they are not careful, and then she gave it to her mom before they knew anyone had had it. They are recovering. Another friend of my wife's has it much worse. She has been in ICU for a month. Not seeing any progress is disheartening.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now since a vaccine (well, more than one) is starting to come out, and folks 'eventually' get back to potentially gaming in person. Who here feels "They wouldn't want to game with someone who didn't get vaccinated/I won't game till I get vaccinated"??
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my group has some immunocompromised members in it, everyone's getting the shot before we meet up again.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's certainly understandable. The ADND group i had, two of the 5 main players, were in the 'co-morbidity' category (age/weight/diabeties).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

My mom and stepdad both have COVID, and will be quarantined until the 27th. So, I will be working on Christmas, delivering in LA on Thursday, then loading in AZ on Saturday. Currently looking for a place in between that will be open on Christmas Day so I can get a meal that isn’t either fast food or microwaved.

F20

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks! I pray for their full recovery.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Well...

My mom and stepdad both have COVID, and will be quarantined until the 27th. So, I will be working on Christmas, delivering in LA on Thursday, then loading in AZ on Saturday. Currently looking for a place in between that will be open on Christmas Day so I can get a meal that isn’t either fast food or microwaved.

F20

I salute your service to modern civilization.
I've spent a number of holidays working on the road and other places. Luckily I get to be home this year...but it will feel a little hollow without the full family allowed to get together and withboth kids grown and on their own for the first time ever. It'll be very subdued.
But I'm not complaining. At least I don't have to be at work for a few days!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always count on Denny's to be open on Christmas, although it might not be much of a step above Fast Food, with C19, finding a place to dine in might be tricky... Good luck!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
You can always count on Denny's to be open on Christmas, although it might not be much of a step above Fast Food, with C19, finding a place to dine in might be tricky... Good luck!

I'm already plotting out my schedule around better options. Once I get to AZ, there's a restaurant at the truck stop that will be open on Christmas day, and I can drop my trailer there and use my tractor to go other places if I want. The hard part will be being separated from family, and this year will be rough enough after losing my sister in March.

Basically, this Christmas was gonna be difficult already, but 2020 decided to double down.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: