The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darkside point discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Darkside point discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
@CRMcNeill,
Yes, very well said. It's what I was trying to say but didn't get the wording quite right.

Glad to be of service. Very Happy

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to "defend" the force power in question, there is nothing about it that states that it calls on the dark side of the force more so than lightsaber combat.

it does not give an automatic DSP like force lightning, and unlike Lightsaber combat it gives DSP if used to kill.

However the Teepo jedi does not train Lightsaber combat to any signifcant degree and in stead use Blasters, having the blaster fill the role of the lightsaber.

Now regardless of the polarities of the force it makes little to no sense that a skill that does not spesifically call on the darkside gives a DSP if used to kill, when the jedi have a Power that dos npt call on the darkside and that does not give a DSP unless (seriously) abused.

those differences is what I mean, we have a group of no dark jedi who follow the jedi teachings but use blasters and not lightsabers, but becuse of a game mechanic written several years beforehand these teepo paladins regardless of them not being dark, are dark defaulted dark once uisng their power in combat if the enemy dies becuse they use their "power" and kill, when jedi who use their power and kill with another type of weapon only get the same DSP if they kill the helpless, murder nand abuse the power.....
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatriad, you have already been answered by multiple people, you just do not like the answers or the way the force works in SW D6. Also, to be clear-
Quote:
the closest power to come close to be a blaster-version of lightsaber combat is the above force shot.
this gives and automatic dark side point on use, always.

Your words about getting DSP just for using the power power and now you are going to hang your hat on a technicality - for a force tradition that isn't even official or cannon (teepo). Additionally I am fairly certain Force Shot is not an official D6 Force Power but either Fan Content or D20 Conversion so my statement would be just as relevant to this power as using this power to try to argue the point of the rules being vague..

If you use the force to kill - you get a DSP if you are a Force User, that's how it works. If you want to change it in your game that is your prerogative as GM.
Please stop trying to muddy the argument with Fan Content, D20 conversions, or unofficial sources.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Teepo write-up dates back to, as near as I can tell, the old AOL SWRPG Listserv. They aren't official, and their stats were never published by WEG. As such, I don't consider the specifics of the write-up to be binding on the functioning of DSPs.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: