The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Forceally wrote:
Specifically, the Beastwarden, Mystic Agent, and Telepath which appeared in the Ultimate Alien Anthology.

I believe I can come up with these three images on a white background, with no text. Give me a couple days.

You can shrink them to whatever size you need, right? Is .jpg ok?

Whill, that would be great. Like I said, I just need from the Ultimate Alien Anthology the pictures of the Ithorian Beastwarden, the Chiss Mystic agent, and the Nagai Telepath. I can use the picture on the Wook for the Gand Findsman.

I don't know what file type I'm using. I just see a picture I like, right click the mouse, and ask to copy it. I go to the file, go to the spot, and paste. Then I right-click on the picture, say I want the text to be tight, enter a number I want for one of the borders, and the image resizes itself while the text appears to the right of it. Maybe that'll tell you what kind of file type I'm using for the pictures.

If I can get them by the 18th at the latest, that would be great. The one thing I'm dreading is what I'm going through right now - polishing and repaginating the table of contents and appendix. Hopefully, inserting pictures won't cause a major shift in paginations.

You can take this as a spoiler of sort. I know for certain the next time I post an update, I'm going to have to start from beginning in terms of pagination because the table of contents will be at least one page longer. I barely avoided it this time.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Whill wrote:
Forceally wrote:
Specifically, the Beastwarden, Mystic Agent, and Telepath which appeared in the Ultimate Alien Anthology.

I believe I can come up with these three images on a white background, with no text. Give me a couple days.

You can shrink them to whatever size you need, right? Is .jpg ok?

Whill, that would be great. Like I said, I just need from the Ultimate Alien Anthology the pictures of the Ithorian Beastwarden, the Chiss Mystic agent, and the Nagai Telepath. I can use the picture on the Wook for the Gand Findsman.

I don't know what file type I'm using. I just see a picture I like, right click the mouse, and ask to copy it. I go to the file, go to the spot, and paste. Then I right-click on the picture, say I want the text to be tight, enter a number I want for one of the borders, and the image resizes itself while the text appears to the right of it. Maybe that'll tell you what kind of file type I'm using for the pictures.

If I can get them by the 18th at the latest, that would be great. The one thing I'm dreading is what I'm going through right now - polishing and repaginating the table of contents and appendix. Hopefully, inserting pictures won't cause a major shift in paginations.

They're done. The Ithorian turned out the best because it was the best art in the first place and it allowed for some image sharpening. I did have to photoshop the page number plaque out of the image, so I had to fill in some backpack that wasn't there before but it turned out ok. I will say that I really love the Ithorian art except that I personally hate the spear. It just looks stupid attached to the back of the backpack and just floating behind him. If you want me to get rid of the spear, I'd be happy to send you an updated version.

I did try to brighten the colors of all three images. The two blue people weren't great art to begin with but turned out ok. When I tried to sharpen those two images, that ruined the art of them so I left them as dull as they originally were. They are bigger size images so they should look a little better when you shrink them down. In my opinion, the Mystic "dark buttshot" is just a stupid pose for that character. I do like the artwork of the Telepath – The costume is really cool except for the wide hat thing.

.jpg is a pretty universal file format so that should work fine with the application you are using. A lot of the images on Wookieepedia are .jpgs. The images probably wouldn't look good in your document if they were too big, so yeah, hopefully they won't affect the pagination too much. But you have time to work it out. The Ithorian's spear does add some height to the image so removing the spear would make the image displace less text.

I'm not sharing the images here because I'm not uploading them to the internet. And besides, everyone will get to see them in the next Force Handbook. I sent them to the email address in your Rancor Pit account, from the Pit's main email account. You should be able to copy them right out of the email and paste them into the document using the process you described.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I should be making the next version of The Force Compendium available tonight. However, Google Drive seems to be having some problems. I'm trying to make it available, but as it's loading, it's saying something went wrong while trying to load the webpage, and I have to reload the webpage. It also says Error Code: Out of Memory. Don't know what's going on there since I have about 3 gigs out of 15 gigs of memory used.

So please be patient while I try to get this issue resolved. I'll post the link when I can.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I know I should be making the next version of The Force Compendium available tonight. However, Google Drive seems to be having some problems. I'm trying to make it available, but as it's loading, it's saying something went wrong while trying to load the webpage, and I have to reload the webpage. It also says Error Code: Out of Memory. Don't know what's going on there since I have about 3 gigs out of 15 gigs of memory used.

So please be patient while I try to get this issue resolved. I'll post the link when I can.

See if you can upload it the Fb group. Then I can download it from there and upload it to the Pit Library.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it. And success. Go ahead, make it available in the library, and make the link for it.

Well, it got here in a roundabout way, but here's the 9th edition of my workk: The Force Compendium

I wanted to add more, but real life and making ends meet got in the way. I do know the following:

Rewatch YouTube clips of Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor for information about the planets. Same thing for Young Jedi Knights for info about Tenoo, and Ahsoka for information about Peridea and Seelos.

Read all the books and comics that I previously listed and am waiting for.

I know it's a lot that got piled up, but since the next big thing is that Star Wars: Outlaw game, and that doesn't look to be about the Jedi, I think I got a bigger window to do things. An entire year instead of a few months, since there's no Phase IV for the High Republic, and I don't believe any movie is coming out next year either. Shows yes, but personally I don't see them as major events forthcoming like the movies were.

And speaking of shows, I watched clips of Ahsoka on YouTube, and that includes the ending. I was so certain that the show was going to take Ahsoka into the Unknown Regions to look for Thrawn and Ezra. Wasn't expecting an entirely new galaxy, or that the Nightsisters would make a comeback. Anyway, throughout the entire series, I could hear a certain song in the back of my head that would be appropriate to hear during the end credits. It's Saihate by SennaRin - the ending song for the first part of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War. It stuck in my mind because of these lines translated from Japanese:

Something no one has ever seen.
The furthest reaches are now visible to us.

Whisk it away beyond the ends of the earth.

The lines from the song definitely gives you the impression that the heroes are facing something they've never seen before. Going to witness abilities they've never encountered before. I thought Ahsoka and co. were going to be facing something new and completely beyond their experience while searching the Unknown Regions for Ezra and Thrawn, and that Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati were the first representatives of these new potential threats. Didn't turn out that way, but you're left with the feeling that it might be in the future for Ahsoka and Sabine on Peridea in Season 2. So the song is still somewhat appropriate.

I'll see if I can do a better job keeping you up to date over the next year. I already know this much - one or two more entries, and the Table of Contents will spill over to another page. Which means every entry in the Table of Contents and Appendix will be repaginated again, regardless of how many new entries there might be. Argh!!!
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craputer is not cooperating so i can't view web-based pdfs today, i look forward to checking this out when i can.
Every google docs link is Dead, Jim...
google docs used to be free but it seems to no longer be the case. Sad.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Craputer is not cooperating so i can't view web-based pdfs today, i look forward to checking this out when i can.
Every google docs link is Dead, Jim...
google docs used to be free but it seems to no longer be the case. Sad.

You mean no longer free to those without a google account? Maybe. I have a google account so google docs are still free to me.

And I guess you are referring to an alternate web source for the Force book because the primary source is not google docs. It is the Rancor Pit. If you can't view it, can you download it and view the file on your own computer?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: