The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Timeline query/discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Timeline query/discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject: Timeline query/discussion Reply with quote

Hey,

Happy new year to you all.

I've been working through where my campaign goes next and I’m trying to weave a narrative that brings some canon and legends materials together. We’re currently just under a year away from the battle of Yavin, which I currently have as 35:03:08 (see below). I’ve tried to piece together some of the galactic events relevant to my campaign and are detailed below:

Year 33
33:05:23 – Empire Day
33:07:35 – Ghorman Demonstrations, Sern Sector
33:08:04 – Ghorman Massacre, Sern Sector
33:10:12 – Mon Mothama denounces Emperor Palapatine
33:10:16 – Mon Mothama resigns her post at the Imperial Senate & forms the Alliance to Restore the Republic

Year 34
34:03:13 – Incom Corporation Designers and Engineers defect to the Rebel Alliance
34:05:23 – Empire Day

Year 35
35:03:01 – The Blockade of Ralltiir Begins (inferred from Adventure Journal Vol. 3 P.30)
35:03:01 – The destruction of Jedha
35:03:03 – Ralltiir Uprising Quelled (Adventure Journal Vol. 3 P.30)
35:03:04 – The Battle of Scarif
35:03:04 – The capture of Tantive IV
35:03:05 – Imperial Senate Suspended (Adventure Journal Vol. 3 P.32)
35:03:06 – The destruction of Alderaan
35:03:08 – The Battle of Yavin
35:05:23 – Empire Day

I’m now looking to slot into the timeline - The Liberation of Lothal, the Battle of Turkana and Operation Strike Fear. I am currently inclined to go with the Battle of Turkana around mid 35:04, then the Liberation of Lothal around late 35:04, and then Operation Strike Fear starting mid 35:05. My current rationale is that would give the Alliance around a month for them to familiarise themselves with the X-wings which are present at the Battle of Turkana, Lothal then happens and lends weight to the proposal for Operation Strike Fear, and then allows the Empire a couple of weeks to mobilise for Strike Fear.

Having rewatched Rebels over the Christmas period, I noticed that x-wings were present during the attack on Lothal. So I may need to bring the Incom defection earlier in the timeline.

Any thoughts or ideas please?

Deano

Last edited by deano on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Timeline query/discussion Reply with quote

deano wrote:

Having rewatched Rebels over the Christmas period, I noticed that x-wings were present during the attack on Lothal. So I may need to bring the Incom defection earlier in the timeline.

Saw Gerrera's group was using them as early as 5 BBY (according to Andor), and they were apparently initially offered to the public (based on a source in Wookieepedia that I haven't read) - so I've gone with the use of X-wings by the Rebellion coming before the Incom defection, and it was the Empire's rumored nationalization of the group that prompted the defection. The defection is what prompts their widespread adoption in the Rebellion in my game.
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes Andor, forgot about that. I like your suggestion, it could also be that as the Cavern Angel X-wings are stolen prototypes. Food for thought either way. Thanks.

Deano

Last edited by deano on Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Timeline query/discussion Reply with quote

You've got to make some choices when you merge Legends and Canon like that. If the events of Rebels are included in your SWU, then the Alliance pre-existed the characters joining it. ("We're a cell?") In Canon, Mon Mothma formed the Rebel "Alliance" much earlier than in Legends (and it was called that) about a year after the formation of the Empire.

In my SWU, I like the idea that there were many different rebel movements springing up during the entire life of the Empire. The Alliance formed closer to ANH like in the EU, when several major rebel movements officially joined forces.

Rebels is only vaguely part of my SWU. (Characters like the ones on the show existed and many events on the show happened in my SWU, but maybe just not exactly the way they happened on the show. This allows for some of the more offensive bits continuity to perhaps not exist in my SWU.) Yeah, Rebels backdated a lot of stuff from Legends.

Rogue One definitely exists in my SWU.

Incidentally, I use the calendar where ANH is year 35 in honor of WEG. But in my SWU it is the official in-universe Imperial calendar because I added three years to the calendar in the past which pushed the PT dates back so that TPM is Year 0. After the Empire was declared, Palpatine instituted an Imperial calendar which was based his election to Supreme Chancellor.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the initial group of x-wings the rebels had, were flat out sold to them. When the empire heard of it, that's what prompted the defection..
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've put some markers down...

<<34:04:02/GNS/OUTER/GEN/>>

BREAKING NEWS: Lothal Attacked

The 7th Fleet, under the command of Grand Admiral Thrawn, has annihilated a sizable rebel strike force attempting to attack the poor citizens of Lothal. Our brave naval forces destroyed more than twenty starfighters as they attempted to get to the planet’s surface to unleash death and destruction. The rebel’s ragtag collection of ageing and inferior starfighters were no match for the navy’s finest.

The attack on Lothal is yet another assault on our peace and prosperity by the terrorists led by the former Senator Mon Mothma. While it is unclear what the objectives of this attack were, it is evident that they had help from some local traitors as the anti-air defenses that protect the people of Lothal were sabotaged and destroyed just prior to the attack. Sources on the ground have informed us that the ISB already has a strong lead on these dissidents and that they will soon be brought to justice.

Governor Pryce has issued a statement condemning the attack and has called on all Lothalites to be extra vigilant for any unusual activity. Adding, “We will root out these traitors with your help and in the meantime, we will increase security measures across the planet to ensure your protection”. The governor also thanked Grand Admiral Thrawn and the courageous 7th Fleet for their valiant actions.

-Galaxy News Service

<<END//>>
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<34:04:08/TRI/OUTER/BR/>>

BREAKING NEWS: Conflict in the Outer Rim

We have just received reports of a large-scale naval engagement above Turkana in the Outer Rim. Early reports indicate that a large rebel fleet had been massing in the system with the intention on launching a campaign of terror and destruction on nearby worlds. In response to this rising threat, the navy dispatched ten Star Destroyers in a pre-emptive strike under the command of Captain Xamuel Lennox.

While the details of the battle are still unclear at this time, it is thought that both sides inflicted heavy damage during the engagement. Casualties on both sides are expected to be high with reports of severe damage being sustained by at least two of the Star Destroyers. We understand that the navy withdrew from the system having landed a decisive blow to the traitors, which has forced them to disperse following the battle.

A spokesperson for the Joint Chiefs of the Imperial Military would not comment on the specifics of the battle, but stated that “the recent events at Lothal, and now Turkana, perfectly illustrate the need to increase military spending”. Naval insiders that we have spoken to believe that while the battle has certainly hurt the traitors and delayed their plans, more will need to be done to protect the citizens of the Outer Rim.

Has the spectre of war once again returned to the galaxy? Are we all doing enough to prevent these traitors from sowing lies, misery, and discontent?

-TriNebulon News

<<END//>>
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done listening to Ian W. Toll’s Pacific War trilogy on Audible, and I’m immediately reminded of the Japanese “news” reports about various battles.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that CRMcNeill Very Happy

Here's another marker:

<<34:04:33/GNS/OUTER/GEN/>>

BREAKING NEWS: Lothal Terrorist Attack

The second major terrorist attack on Lothal in just under a month has left thousands dead and many more injured. While very much a developing story, it is believed that a group of terrorists somehow managed to bypass the security measures at the Imperial Command Dome in Capital City. They then activated emergency evacuation protocols, which recalled all military personnel across the city to leave Lothal. Eye witness accounts indicate that the Dome was then destroyed early in its flight towards the upper atmosphere. We have conflicting reports on how the Dome was destroyed, with some witnesses suggesting that it appeared to explode from within, while others believe it was shot down.

Regardless of how it was destroyed, it is thought that everyone onboard was killed, including Governor Pryce who is currently reported as missing. We don’t have any official casualty numbers yet, but estimates range up to ten thousand and that doesn’t include the civilian casualties caused by falling debris that has devasted sections of Capital City. Moff Kage from the nearby Tion Hegemony commented, “we need to take firm and decisive action to restore peace and order to the Outer Rim, this appalling terrorist attack is another painful example of the brutality that could take hold of the galaxy if we choose not to act now”. The true cost of this brutal attack may not be known for several months, but it is clear that those behind the attack have little regard for the citizens they are supposedly representing.

We have also been informed by a spokesperson for the Imperial Navy that while this heinous attack was taking place a large pod of purrgil arrived at Lothal with devastating consequences for the 7th Fleet. The purrgil, a semi-sentient species of massive whales that live in deep space, suddenly appeared out of hyperspace and crashed into the starships orbiting the planet. It is thought that most of the 7th Fleet has been destroyed with a significant loss of personnel, including the fleet’s commanding officer, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Search and rescue operations are underway.

It has been a dark day of violence, tragedy and misfortune. Our thoughts are with the brave service personnel and their families at this difficult time.

-Galaxy News Service

<<END//>>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: