The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GM startin' all over again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> GM startin' all over again Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorg
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment we just want a standalone adventure, with possibly some trails to pick up later if we want to start a bigger "campaign".

I have been reading the rules a little bit, but i cant really figure out how the wound system works. This thing with 0-3 stun, and so on is easy enough to understand, but what happens with multiple wounds? Do you have to kill someone with a 18+ hit or is 18 stun wounds sufficient?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of thoughts... the seller obviously wanted the crime lord exterminated. So, what makes anyone think that he's still going to be in his office when the players show up? That guy would have closed up and moved to a new place in the sector to lay low for a while. That's just my thought, anyway. And even if he is still there, he wouldn't let the party just stroll right up to his front door.

Now, there isn't anything to say that a bounty hunter or two wouldn't be after the seller (or even the assasin). The players showing back up to the station and looking for the seller might be an interesting lead for the bounty hunter. You could build an adventure around their misadventures at the station now that they're slave runners (who are generally dispised in the SW universe), or people trying to track down the slaver and/or assasin.
Zorg
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They know themselves that it isnt going to be easy to find their employer. It was him who contacted them at a bar where people looking for jobs hang out.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make it even more interesting. Suppose that the seller didn't know that the girl was a human weapon, and someone else had made the switch somewhere along the way. What if the seller would like to see them dead too, thinking that they were the ones who made the switch.

Really, I think that the players have put themselves into a morally bad situation, and that the situation should deepen for them because of it. Typically in D6 bad decisions lead to bad consequences. Call it cosmic carma if you want, but that's what WEG had generally prescribed.
Zorg
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, one of my guys is new to rpgs and he looked kinda bored so i think im gonna throw some thugs at them and being the people they are, i definitely think that they will try to hunt down who ever made the switch.

Does anyone have an answer for my question?
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorg wrote:
I have been reading the rules a little bit, but i cant really figure out how the wound system works. This thing with 0-3 stun, and so on is easy enough to understand, but what happens with multiple wounds? Do you have to kill someone with a 18+ hit or is 18 stun wounds sufficient?

By the book, you can't kill someone with Stun results. You can render them unconscious with more Stun hits than their STR dice, though. IT would certainly be reasonable for a GM to rule that someone give repeated stuns could become wounded or even killed.

As for the other wounds, they work as follows:

A character can take two wounds (after accounting for the revision in the 2nd edition R&E rulebook). Each wound apply a -1D penalty to actions. So someone with 2 wounds suffers a two die penalty to all actions.

IF a character takes a third wound, he becomes incapacitated, and when/if he wakes up, suffers a 3 die wound penalty.

The other injuries don't scale up. This is quite realistic. Either a shot hits/injures a vital organ or it doesn't. No amount of shooting someone in the foot is going to result in instant death. It is possibly to wreck someone's leg up so badly that they might bleed to death or die from other complications, though, and this is handled with the healing roll. It is possibly for someone who doesn't get medical attention to actually get worse and even expire.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the book, three stuns within one combat results in the person loosing consciousness, though will not elevate their wound status.

However, as was pointed out previously, receiving additional wounds is cumulative in its effect. You don't HAVE to get the 16+ or 18+ to kill them, you could, IIRC wound them several times and incapacitate or kill them.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past i have ruled that a Point blank (within 2 meters) stun shot dealing 25+ over soak in damage causes nerve damage, 40+ is perm nerve damage..
jmanski

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought I'd read somewhere that stunning someone in the head (probably at close range) could cause serious injuries.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember reading that, but it seem logical if a GM wanted to rule that way.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One gm made an on the spot rulling after someone shoved a blaster rifle up the you know what of a stripped imperioal and shot him on stun....

You should have seen the look on the guys face when he asked the gm about it.
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
after someone shoved a blaster rifle up the you know what of a stripped imperioal and shot him on stun....

"Oh, I don't care what universe you're from. That's gotta hurt!" Shocked

>-q=p---
Zorg
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent written here in a while i realise, we have gotten used to most aspects of the second edition. The only thing we havent really tried yet is space battles and such, i have given them some adventures from me and currently they are investigating an imperial branch who supposedly were the ones who hid the assassin in their goods.

So far so good, we are currently taking a little break because one of my friend got in the mood to GM an old white wolf game called Trinity, that RPG is awesome too and he is a real good GM so i don't mind. But hopefully we will pick up SW again in a few weeks.

Id really appreciate a few suggestions about cool stuff you can make them find when they are investigating "the darkside" of the Empire Razz
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Files on other rebels, including notes from imps who faced them and lived.
Files on actions they have done, including all the gore and nasty side
files on future actions including some speculative actions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: