The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Galaxy at War
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Galaxy at War Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never convert anything WEG already has covered so it's up to you.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically if WEG has done something I leave it completely alone. But I just wanted to feel out general sentiments when this one had very little in the ways of mechanics.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wizards offers some sensible mechanics to make this more interesting, I don't see why we shouldn't expand that entry a bit.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Field Food Processor
Model: Applied Military Industries Field Food Processor
Type: Food decontamination processor
Cost: 1,500
Availability: 1
Game Notes: Field food processors allow a soldier to take local flora and fauna and turn them into a thick, tasteless paste. However, the filtration units in the processor provide a +3D+1 to all strength rolls to resist poisoning or contamination from local toxic water and organic materials.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 47)

Personal Field Tent
Model: Karflo Corporation L-8 Field Tent
Type: Personal Shelter
Cost: 500
Availability: 2
Game Notes: The personal field tent allows for easy transportation, and expands to accommodate one humanoid-sized character. When sealed, it provides a +3D to survival rolls to resist the effects of heat and cold. It also contains one hour of breathable atmosphere in cases of airborne toxins. Special filaments on the exterior also provide limited camouflage, adding +2 to hide rolls to conceal the tent.

Plasma Bridge
Model: T’Cri Industries
Type: Personal Shelter
Cost: 12,500
Availability: 3
Game Notes: The plasma bridge must be hooked up to a generator or constant power supply. When activated, a bridge 10 meters wide and up to 200 meters long is extended from a plasma generator. This bridge provides a surface for troops to cross over difficult or otherwise impassable terrain. If the generator is destroyed or deactivated, the plasma bridge has enough power stored for two rounds. If another power supply is not provided, the bridge shuts down and any characters on the bridge will fall.

Proximity Flare
Model: Karflo Corporation Easy Alert-b2
Type: Early warning flare
Cost: 50
Game Notes: The proximity flare has a spike on one end allowing it to be placed securely on the ground, and the other end contains the flare emitter. Whenever a character or creature as large as a small child or larger steps within 5 meters of the flares sensors, the flare launches casting light in a 15 meter radius foiling an attempt to sneak into the area. A character can avoid setting off the flare’s sensors with a sneak roll of 25 or higher.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfe wrote:
No they don't, the only creatures that have it from WEG are the ones WOTC retconned into having it.

Dark vision is not thermal, infrared, ultraviolet or any other section of the spectrum.
Dark vision is not a "all in one" generic catch phrase for night vision either, they are quite specific in what it does.

It is black and white only so there must be some light to discern colors, (which makes no fricken sense at all as it contradicts itself within the same sentence.)it is otherwise like normal vision and a creature with dark vision can function with no light at all.

WEG already gave the races/creatures their various types night vision while WOTC screwed it up in their system.
Why screw with WEG to fit SAGA, seems like just more work that unless the people already have the saga books or it is all explained that work would go mostly unused.
I don't use any conversions that change WEG to fit Sagas rulings myself.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about game mechanics or stats they don't like. If you don't like them, just change them. I don't use "Dark Vision". I use infravision and ultravision. Species may have neither, one, the other, or both. I base my decision for each species on the fluff text available about the species, and my own biological knowledge.

I don't use any stats, published by WotC, WEG, homebrewed or converted, that I don't like. Yes, I've even restatted and house ruled tons of WEG stuff because I feel it was statted wrong in the first place.

cheshire wrote:
I just got to take a look at the book last night for a little bit. I'm impressed what they've done with the book. It's probably their best since Scum and Villainy. It's loaded with fluff. It's got mini-adventures and even a complete campaign outline. So loads of good stuff. It's got TONS of gear. Plus there are interesting suggestions as to how to integrate battle stations into a game, and how a GM can utilize ground vehicles without them just mowing down the party.

If you're running a military oriented campaign, I'd say that this is book a valuable resource even for the D6'er.

I've gotten this book now. It is pretty cool, for a d20 book. But I feel that Scum and Villiany and the Rebellion Era Campaing Guide are the two best Saga books so far.

Again, thank you cheshire and Gry Sarth for all you do!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Optional Rule: Cybernetic Prosthesis and upgrades
Most cybernetic replacements are just that, simple replacements of a lost limb, or other body part that is designed to exactly mimic the original. However, in some places of the galaxy characters can find underground surgeons willing to design and install enhancements. Such prosthetic limbs have special features and if you are using the upgrade rules from the Scum and Villainy conversion guide, then you may treat prosthetics as having 1 free upgrade slot. Most cybernetic prosthetics can benefit from the following universal upgrades: cloaked, dual gear, environmental sealing, extra power source, secret compartment, storage capacity, and ion-shielding.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 48)

Cyborg Construct -- Cracken’s Rebel Field Guide (page 31)

Subcutaneous Comlink
Model: BioTech Subcutaneous Comlink
Type: Embedded comlink system
Skill: Medicine: cyborging (to install)
Cost: 4,000 (3,000 surgery cost)
Availability: 2, R
Difficulty: To install: Easy
Game Notes: The subcutaneous comlink transmits and receives signals through the character’s auditory and vocal organs. It allows the character to send and comlink transmissions with only the slightest of vocalizations. The benefit is that he or she can send and receive comlink transmission with such slight noise that they cannot be heard by others.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 49)

Eye – targeting, infrared, and telescopic – already converted Hero’s Guide (pages 129-130)

Skeletal reinforcement – Hero’s Guide (pages 130-131)

Sensory enhancement - Cracken’s Rebel Field Guide (page 38), Hero’s Guide (page 131)

Tremor Sensor - Hero’s Guide (page 131)

Prosthesis upgrades:

Ion Shielding
Type: prosthesis upgrade
Skill: Medicine: Cyborging (to install)
Difficulty: to install: Moderate
Cost: 1,000
Availability: 2
Upgrade slot cost: 1
Game Notes: The ion shielding protects the prosthetic limb from all ion damage. For a character with prosthetics to be completely protected from ion damage, then all of that character’s cybernetic prosthetics must have the ion shielding.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 50)

Optional Rule: Total cybernetic replacement
There are some instances where a being has suffered such extensive damage that almost all of the organic components must be replaced. Should a being suffer incredible damage, but the vital organs still remain in sufficient working condition, they may have a series of prosthetic and life-support surgeries that would constitute a total cybernetic replacement. General Grievous is the galaxy’s best known total cyborg, though Darth Vader’s damage was so extensive that some have considered him to have had a total cybernetic replacement.

In an instance where a character would normally die, that character may have the option of spending a Force Point to stay alive long enough for his companions to transport him to a medical facility to attempt a complete cybernetic replacement. The complete changeover surgery is long and complicated. It requires six separate Very Difficult (A)Medicine or cyborging rolls. If any one of the rolls fails, then the character dies. If all six rolls are successful, then the character has the same stats as before the injuries. However, the character gains a Hybrid Cyborg special ability (see below).

Hybrid Cyborg – A character with the hybrid cyborg special ability may make install any droid upgrade or attachment with the excpetion of those that would enhance a droid’s heuristic processor. The cyborg chasis contains a life-support system that makes the character immune from any environmental hazards such as inhaled poisons.

Currently, I'm waiting for someone to get back to me on the Wizard's board about the cost of the total cybornetic replacement. But otherwise, I'm more than open to comments. Most of the cyborg stuff looks like it's just repeats of stuff we've had before.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gry, have you taken a look at pages 98-101? I know that you had done something on the sentury gun, converting it as a droid, iirc. However, do you need me to pickup from there on 99-101?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll assume that the stuff on 98-101 isn't done, and I'll just hop in and do it, and Gry, you can let me know if you've already got it later.

Quote:

Repulsorlift Inhibitor
Model: Norsam CD-551
Type: Repulsorlift disabling mine
Scale: Speeder
Availability: 2, X
Radius: 3m
Damage: 3D (ion damage)
Game Notes: The repulsor inhibitor suppresses all repulsorlift generators and brings all repulsorlift vehicles to a halt, grinding them to the ground. If a repulsorlift vehicle manages to strike the exact place where the repulsorlift inhibitor is buried, it discharges an ion burst with 3D speeder scale damage.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 98)

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I did was the sentry gun, the rest of the stuff is still open.

Quote:
Automated Sentry Gun
Type: Automated blaster turret
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster
Ammo: 150
Cost: 2,500 (new), 1,000 (used)
Availability: 2, R
Fire Rate: 5
Body: 4D
Range: 3-30/100/250
Damage: 5D+2
Game Notes: Has blaster 4D, search 6D (ignores low-lighting penalties).

Sorry I have been off a little. Just moved country and there's too much up in the air right now...
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't apologize. Real life comes first, and we all have to work before we play. If you started putting this stuff before your real life, then there would be problems.

Just let me know if there's anything else that you usually cover that you would like me to pick up.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this should be it!

After looking at some other stats in Galaxy at War, I’m going to change the mortar range to
Quote:
Range: 75-500/1.8km/3.7km

I looked at some stuff on different mortar rounds that are currently in use today, and the minimum and maximum range is pretty spot on for the ranges listed in Galaxy at war.
Quote:

Razor Wire
Model: Typical razor wire
Type: battlefield terrain hazard
Cost: 10 per meter
Damage: 3D
Game Notes: First, razor wire increases the difficulty of any terrain by three difficulty levels. For example, if terrain is Easy, it increases it to Difficult (see Star Wars Roleplaying Game 2nd Edition, Revised and Expanded page 101-103). Second, if a character fails the movement roll, the razor wire inflicts 3D damage on the character.

Fragmentation Wire
Model: Typical razor wire
Type: battlefield terrain hazard
Cost: 100 per meter
Radius: 2m
Damage: 3D
Game Notes: Fragmentation wire looks very similar to razor wire, and is most often intermixed with razor wire on a battle field. It requires a Difficult Perception or search roll to notice the difference between the razor wire and fragmentation wire. If a character fails a movement roll when moving into an area with fragmentation wire, then the wire detonates, doing 3D damage to all characters within two meters.

Repulsorlift Inhibitor
Model: Norsam CD-551
Type: Repulsorlift disabling mine
Radius: 3m
Damage: 3D (ion damage)
Game Notes: The repulsor inhibitor suppresses all repulsorlift generators and brings all repulsorlift vehicles to a halt, grinding them to the ground. If a repulsorlift vehicle manages to strike the exact place where the repulsorlift inhibitor is buried, it discharges an ion burst with 3D speeder scale damage.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 99)

Smart Mine
Model: Merr-Sonn F4-Q
Type: programmable mine
Skill: Demolition
Blast Range: 2/5/9/14
Damage: 5D/4D/3D/2D
Game Notes: The smart mines come equipped with a number of sensors that can evaluate heat, infrared, ground tremors, and other information evaluated in a processor. With a Moderate demolitions roll, a character can program the mine to operate within certain parameters. The mine may be programmed with a limited blast radius, set to only detonate with the pressure from a being upwards of a certain weight or size, or when there are only a limited number of beings within the blast radius. Smart mines are also equipped with an IFF system that allow it to distinguish allied units.
Source: Galaxy at War (page 100)

Heavy Artillery Cannon
Model: Jakan Arms AJ-650 Artillery Cannon
Type: Heavy indirect fire cannon
Skill: Artillery
Crew: 4
Ammo: 1
Cost: not available for sale (ammo: 2,000)
Body: 4D
Fire Rate: 1/3
Fire Control: 2D
Range: 5-30km/100km/200km
Blast Radius: 10/20/30/40
Damage: 10D/8D/5D/2D
Source: Galaxy at War (pages 100-101)

Light Artillery Cannon
Model: Jakan Arms AJ-110 Artillery Cannon
Type: Light indirect fire cannon
Skill: Artillery
Crew: 2
Cost: not available for sale (ammo: 1,000)
Body: 3D
Fire Rate: 1/2
Range: 1-20km/50km/100km
Blast Radius: 6/12/18/24
Damage: 8D/6D/4D/2D

Field Gun
Model: Blastech 660 Frag Field Gun
Type: Indirect fire cannon
Skill: Artillery: Field Gun
Crew: 1
Cost: not available for sale (ammo: 500)
Range: 75-1km/3km/6km
Blast Radius: 0-3/5/7/10
Damage: 4D/3D/2D/1D

Howitzer
Model: BlasTech C67-a Howitzer
Type: Indirect fire cannon
Skill: Artillery: Howitzer
Crew: 3
Cost: not available for sale (ammo: 750)
Body: 3D+1
Range: 1-7km/20km/40km
Blast Radius: 0-4/6/9/12
Damage: 6D/4D/2D/1D

Frag Mortar Round
Model: Abelisar Industries A-18 Shredder
Type: Field artillery shell
Cost: 300
Blast Radius: 2/5/7
Damage: 4D+2/3D+1/2D

Ion Mortar Round
Model: Abelisar Industries K-12 Shocker
Cost: 450
Blast Radius: 2/6/9
Damage: 4D+2/3D/2D+1

Stun Mortar Round
Model: Abelisar Industries C-19 Pacifier
Blast Radius: 2/5/8
Damage: 4D+1/3D+1/2D

Thermal Mortar
Model: Abelisar Industries T-28 Incinerator
Type: Incendiary field artillery shell
Blast Radius: 2/3/5
Damage: 7D/5D/3D

If there aren't any revisions suggestions for a couple of days I'll send this off to Gry.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chesh, you think you're all done with your part of the conversions? Can you send be a document with all your stats so I can start working on the final edit?

Thanks a bunch.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go:

http://www.4shared.com/file/142872408/2de31d98/Galaxy_at_War_conversion_notes.html

I've also got the Starships of the Galaxy update ready whenver you get around to that too.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if you're finished with that, hand it over and I'll deal with it as soon as I get some available time.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've got the link posted in the Starships of the Galaxy conversion thread, but I'll re-post it here.

http://www.4shared.com/file/137399090/aff86922/Starships_of_the_Galaxy_equipment_conversion_notes.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: