The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

created my own npc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> created my own npc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Callisto Sano
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: created my own npc Reply with quote

Hi

I created for my game a female jedi who escaped the purge and went into stasis and was brought around by a jedi pc. wasn;t quite sure if it would be appropriate since the jedi were almost wiped out.

What do you think?

Callisto
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were quite a few Jedi who actually survived the Purge. To start with, there's Yoda and Obi-Wan, the two most famous survivors. Empatojayos Brand, Vima-da-Boda, Ikrit, Rahm Kota, K'krukh, T'ra Saa, Bardan Jusik, Corwin Shelvay, Qu Rahn, Jerec, Maris Brood, and Quinlan Vos are all some of the other Purge survivors. Some turned to the dark side and became minions of Palpatine, some had vanished before Order 66 was issued (even before the Clone Wars began). Most went into hiding.

Wanted Poster
Random Numbers
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit!

There has to be survivors...who else will teach all the player Jedi? Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Random Numbers on this one. Plot supersedes canon. Any time that you're doing your own story in that universe, you've already messed with canon anyway, so you may as well do it right. If you need a Jedi, then another Jedi survived.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Numbers wrote:

There has to be survivors...who else will teach all the player Jedi? Very Happy

Random Numbers wrote:
I'm with Random Numbers on this one. Plot supersedes canon. Any time that you're doing your own story in that universe, you've already messed with canon anyway, so you may as well do it right. If you need a Jedi, then another Jedi survived.

Yeah. You sort of have to do this to run a Rebellion era campaign. Lucas is fortunate, he wrote it so he can have a Jedi hanging around to teach Luke, and even create a replacement one after the teacher got killed off. Adding a Jedi or two to the setting is fine. Just don't add a thousand of them.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as those who escaped are low power, i can see them making it, but i cannot stand it when i see all these high power nights and masters who made it through order 66.
Kira Firestorm
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree totally, cant have some jedi Masters coming into the game, otherwise who would have authority at the academy?

Maybe a low level who escaped barely the purge is ok, as long as they agree to follow Luke, and not think they know better.

What would you think the Max level of Sense, Control Alter should be then?
i think no higher than 5D
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Plot supersedes canon... If you need a Jedi, then another Jedi survived.

That is the choice of the GM. IF a GM wants to have his game-world contradict canon (of any level), then it should. There is nothing wrong with a Star Wars game diverging from canon if the GM allows it. I have ran many Star Wars universes that diverge from canon, and they were usually a lot of fun. But as an option, the GM may choose to adhere to canon. IF that choice is made, then plot does not supercede canon, but rather it conforms to canon.

cheshire wrote:
Any time that you're doing your own story in that universe, you've already messed with canon anyway

Not necessarily. In ROTJ Yoda stold Luke, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." That means that several Jedi could have survived the Jedi Purge and lived into the classic era (to be or train PCs). But to maintain canon, they all either died off by the time of ROTJ, or Yoda was wrong. Even in my realities that diverged from film continuity, all the Jedi-wanna-be PCs from before ROTJ either died or turned to the Dark Side. Yoda was never wrong. 8)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
In ROTJ Yoda stold Luke, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." That means that several Jedi could have survived the Jedi Purge and lived into the classic era (to be or train PCs). But to maintain canon, they all either died off by the time of ROTJ, or Yoda was wrong.

Or they've picked up too many bad habits or been in hiding too long to really be considered Jedi, just using the force and having a lightsaber doesn't make you a Jedi. You have to follow the Jedi code otherwise you're just a force user.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Yoda was never wrong. 8)

Didn't Yoda say he couldn't train Luke? And didn't he train him? Didn't he also agree with the rest of the Council that Qui-Gon had not encountered a Sith on Tatooine only for both him and Mace Windu to change their minds at Qui-Gon's funeral?

Wanted Poster

Last edited by Hellcat on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing your mind about your own course of action doesn't make you wrong. Here, "wrong" is when you make a factual statement that is in error.

Besides, I meant that in my game, Yoda was never wrong about Luke being the only Jedi at that moment. I thought that was clear from the context that you removed from my quote. Sorry I didn't make that individual sentence more clear.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Didn't he also agree with the rest of the Council that Qui-Gon had not encountered a Sith on Tatooine only for both him and Mace Windu to change their minds at Qui-Gon's funeral?

Since you brought it up, to answer your question: No, Yoda did not express doubt about Maul being a Sith. Those lines were spoken by Mace Windu and Ki-Adi.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Whill wrote:
In ROTJ Yoda stold Luke, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." That means that several Jedi could have survived the Jedi Purge and lived into the classic era (to be or train PCs). But to maintain canon, they all either died off by the time of ROTJ, or Yoda was wrong.

Or they've picked up too many bad habits or been in hiding too long to really be considered Jedi, just using the force and having a lightsaber doesn't make you a Jedi. You have to follow the Jedi code otherwise you're just a force user.

Very true. WE had one game where we encountered a force user with almost 12d in al stats.. crazy as heck, and insular. he was ok until people encroached into his home (a cave in the mountains)... was not regarded as a jedi even with his power, as he never even made it into the academy, let alone followed the Jedi tenants.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Hellcat wrote:
Didn't he also agree with the rest of the Council that Qui-Gon had not encountered a Sith on Tatooine only for both him and Mace Windu to change their minds at Qui-Gon's funeral?

Since you brought it up, to answer your question: No, Yoda did not express doubt about Maul being a Sith. Those lines were spoken by Mace Windu and Ki-Adi.

I didn't say he spoke the lines, I said didn't he agree with the rest of the council. It's been a while since I watched TPM, but I recall no one on the council taking Qui-Gon seriously about the Sith's return until after his death. You may be right that he didn't doubt him.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: