The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversion - Scavenger's Guide to Droids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversion - Scavenger's Guide to Droids Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sensor Countermeasure
Model: Colicoid Creation Nest Silentsweep 6
Type: Droid sensor mask
Cost: 1,000
Availability: 3, X
Game Notes: With a countermeasure device, a droid can make an opposed communications roll vs. another character's sensors roll to avoid detection from non-visual scanners.
Source: Scavenger’s Guide to Droids (page 61)

The original was

Quote:

Sensor Countermeasure Package: Droids operating covertly must avoid drawing attention to themselves. The sensor countermeasure package broadcasts signals that interfere with incoming sensor signals. A droid equipped with the sensor countermeasure package can make a Use Computer check to avoid being detected. If the Use Computer check equals or exceeds a Perception check made to detect the droid through any form of nonvisual sensor equipment, the droid remains undetected.

cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a little help with this one would be grand. This looks like it should be starship equipment, but given that it weighs 10 kg, I'm guessing this is something meant to be installed on a droid. Though by the flavor text, I'm not quite sure what they're aiming for. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote:

Space-Beacon Launcher
Space beacons are used by pilots and flight crews to mark specific locations or to help navigate through hazardous areas of space. A beacon is .25 meters long and can transm it a signal throughout an entire star system, if it is not blocked by nebular gases or signal jamming systems. The spacebeacon launcher-modeled after a small version of the standard space mine launcher-enables a droid to quickly position space beacons while in flight. The system can carry up to 12 beacons. Additional storage can be added, increasing the cost of the launcher by 10% for each additional beacon (up
to a maximum of 24 beacons) . Locating a beacon requires a DC 10 Use Computer check when using a ship's sensor system.

Lancil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is definitely meant for a star ship. I'm sure you could install one on a droid if you wanted, but really what would its use be? Unless you are talking about vulture droids it would be use full for them...maybe.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what Lancil said, but I can actually see an astromech droid modified with this thing.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 lbs seems like a lot of weight for an astromech. Almost 10 inches long... umm this thing seems way out of proportion.... what is it a 10 inch 22 pound brick?

- sorry my brain doesn't think in metric except for Kilometers (Having to work with the Army)

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went back and compared it to starship mine and torpedo launchers, and the block follows the same format. Very strange. Apparently you're supposed to put it on your starship. So, why put this in the droids book?
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the mechanics are missing from the write-up and will probably be covered in the errata later. However, this is what I have cooked up for the device. Let me know if it seems appropriate:

Quote:
Taser
Model: Aro Microtaser
Type: Droid stun weapon
Skill: Firearms: taser
Ammo: 10 charges
Cost: 250
Availability: 2, R
Fire Rate: 1/2
Range: 0-2/4/7
Damage: 4D stun damage
Game Notes: Droid tasers fire microdarts attached to long thin conductive cables. If the cables connect, the droid can then deliver a strong stun charge to a character. If the droid misses its target it may retract the cables, but doing so takes an entire round. Many models can switch between stun and ion damage.
Source: Scavenger’s Guide to Droids (page 62)

cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I'm done with droid equipment. Now it's on to pages and pages of droid codex.

Thanks for compiling the list, Forceally! It really helps to know for sure ahead of time what's already been done, what needs to be re-done, and what's not been done at all.

I'll be looking at the fan-made stats as a cross reference for these to help get a general idea for making more well-rounded and balanced droids out of the stat blocks. Everything I convert from the droid codex will appear here. I'd love it if others double-checked my work or even gave opinions from a general sense of the droid.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob, cheshire. I also have the corresponding list ready for GoI. Just waiting for you and/or Gry to start the thread before I post the list.
jmanski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it and I'll comment. I offer no guaranties, though.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

AD-Series Weapons Maintenance Droid
Type: Arakyd military hardware service droid
Dexterity: 1D+2
Knowledge: 3D
Technology 4D
Mechanical: 2D+2
Perception: 1D
Search 2D+2
Strength: 2D
Technical: 3D
Armor repair 4D+2
Blaster repair 5D
Firearm repair 3D+2
Melee weapon repair 4D+1

Equipped With
- walking locomotion
- basic processor
- 2 tool mounts
- vocabulator
- 2 blaster rifles (5D+1 damage)
- quadanium battle armor: adds +1D to resist physical and +1 to resist energy
Move: 10
Size: 1.7 Meters
Cost: 13,840
Source: Scavenger’s Guide to Droids (page 72)

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD weapons maintenance droid - they help manitain the stormtrooper's weapons. One of the weapons they use is the E-web. Correct me if I'm wrong - using an E-web would require blaster artillery. Therefore, shouldn't the droid also have blaster artillery repair and even grenade repair?
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster artillery makes sense to me. I hadn't included it because it hadn't ever been listed as an official WEG skill. Though if "musical instrument repair" is one, then I see no harm in making up the skill "blaster artillery repair." However, I'm not sure that anyone would bother trying to repair a grenade if it failed to work. It seems to me like unexploded ordinance is something that has a "don't mess" policy.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Blaster artillery makes sense to me. I hadn't included it because it hadn't ever been listed as an official WEG skill. Though if "musical instrument repair" is one, then I see no harm in making up the skill "blaster artillery repair." However, I'm not sure that anyone would bother trying to repair a grenade if it failed to work. It seems to me like unexploded ordinance is something that has a "don't mess" policy.

Yeah. All you need is for someone to start fixing a dud, and the dud goes "Boom."

However, I think Jariah Syn or someone like him would be able to fix a grenade or thermal detonator so it goes "Boom". He likes "Boom". Laughing
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Blaster artillery makes sense to me. I hadn't included it because it hadn't ever been listed as an official WEG skill. Though if "musical instrument repair" is one, then I see no harm in making up the skill "blaster artillery repair."

According to WEG canon, the Blaster Repair skill covers all blaster weapons of character, speeder and walker scales (R&E p. 62). The Repair skills are not always divided up the way the skills to use the equipment are. I think you're good, chesh. FYI
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: