The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What's your Star Wars Universe?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What's your Star Wars Universe? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yora
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have long adopted the rule of thumb that any later source can only expand on an earlier source, but not overwrite it. When there is a conflict, the earlier source is always right.

My own headcanon for the Rebellion Era is:
Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Thrawn novels
X-Wing novels
Shadows of the Empire
Jedi-Knight games
Tie Fighter game

And that's it. I really don't like the interpretation of the Jedi and the Clone Wars in the movies. It's something that I simply ignore and don't reference. And while Thrawn, X-Wing, and Jedi Knight are cool, I like to use them as reference information, but actually set games in the years before The Empire Strikes back.

For the campaign that I am currently doing preparation work, I am going to set it in an alternative timeline set after the Dark Side ending of the Knights of the Old Republic videogame. The sources for that campaign in order of precedence are:
Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Tales of the Jedi comics
Knights of the Old Republic comics
Knights of the Old Republic game

The only things I think that get overridden by earlier works is that there is no talk of a "Light Side" and that Sith Lords are not called Darth. As far as I am aware, for the first 22 years there was only Darth Vader and nobody else.
For the sake of simplicity, I am also shrinking down the galaxy map to only the area of Sith Space and the bordering worlds of the Republic and Hutt Space. That means all the established Sith worlds like Korriban and Yavin, as well as Mandalore, Dathomir, Onderon, Kashyyyk, Trandosha, and Kessel, and you also get Ithor and Ord Mantell for the Republic. Plenty of famous old classics in only 20% of the galaxy or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: