The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Skills and Intro. Adv. Game Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Force Skills and Intro. Adv. Game Question Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
But how will he as a droid gain more? I have never understood how (with uploading their programming/saving it, the could 'truely die' ergo how could they be considered doing something heroic that places them at risk>??

Not all droids can do that. Remember in most cases a droid is owned so the master has to OK such an action first and then provide the resources to do such a thing.

Besides the master can also have the droid's personality erased on a whim so displaying almost any form of free thought can be as deadly to a droid as risking ones life is to an organic depending on who the master is.

I'd be inclined to consider a droid PC might get a Force Point if they knew they had a strict master but did something to save someone else knowing full well if they were detected deviating from their programming/tasks they would have their memory wiped and they'd be reduced back to factory defaults.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel very strong that all PCs should have Force Points, but also that no droids should have Force Points (not even R2-D2), so that is why I do not allow for Droid PCs. If someone really wanted to play a droid in my game, I'd let them play a Shard and let them have a FP.

But that doesn't really help the OP. If you want to have droid PCs in your game, then it is your game. If you want droids (including GM characters) to have FPs, then it is your game. The rules as written do allow for that.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, no one in our house campaign has wanted to play a droid. The droids in our house campaign are all NPCs or dependent NPCs. None have force points. In contrast many NPCs and more than half the dependent NPCs do have force points.

If a player really wanted to play a droid, I would give them a force point. I think it is in keeping with what we see R2-D2 do on screen and I feel it is necessary to balance the droid PC with the other PCs.

As you can see, opinions differ, which is what I alluded to in my earlier post. As others have said, feel free to do what works for your game. The rules certainly allow and encourage that.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see giving CP easier than i do FP..
ooryl2
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading and thinking some more, I think we'll do the Protocol Droid as an NPC. Just give it a few extra CP if needed. He already has 5D in most of the knowledge skills, his only other uses are for a back up First Aid skill and the group's Bargainer. He should be ok without any FPs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: