The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force User's Handbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force User's Handbook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 349
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work Forceally! I can tell the amount of research and time you put into this.

I would also encourage you to join the Force User's Handbook. Getting this all into one tome would be such a benefit to the community and would take some of the burden of the work off of your hands.

Also I saw the Agent of Ossus and the Sorcerer of Rhand entries for the background were for the nightsisters. I'm sure you were probably using them as a template and forgot to change it . Defiantly no meant as criticism, I just want you to know so you can change it in the future. I know that I appreciate when people let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1654
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
I would also encourage you to join the Force User's Handbook. Getting this all into one tome would be such a benefit to the community and would take some of the burden of the work off of your hands.


I was thinking more along the lines of including an index of powers at the end of the book, listing all the powers and where they can be found. (Similar to what was done in the Alien Encounters book when they included a list of aliens presented in bth GG4 and GG12.) Both this resouce, and the Force Powers compilation are exelent resources in their own right, I'd hate to trivialize those works, or step on any toes by doing a cut-&-paste job with them. The best way I can see to pay tribute to those books is to include an index of the powers included within them, and treat them as "companion books to our own project. (Unless of course, the writers of those projects are ok with us doing a cut & paste job, in which case, I'll be happy to spend an afternoon pirating those resources! Wink )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander


Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Posts: 349
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of including an index of powers at the end of the book, listing all the powers and where they can be found. (Similar to what was done in the Alien Encounters book when they included a list of aliens presented in bth GG4 and GG12.) Both this resouce, and the Force Powers compilation are exelent resources in their own right, I'd hate to trivialize those works, or step on any toes by doing a cut-&-paste job with them. The best way I can see to pay tribute to those books is to include an index of the powers included within them, and treat them as "companion books to our own project. (Unless of course, the writers of those projects are ok with us doing a cut & paste job, in which case, I'll be happy to spend an afternoon pirating those resources! Wink )


I totally understand. I would hate for Forceally to think that we just going to cut and paste. What I was suggesting that he would incorporate his work into our own. Making it a group project would take the burden of sprucing up layout or adding pictures or a cover. Granted this might make it seem that his work would be lost among others contributions. I would hate to step to his toes I just know that combining it would make it such a more valuable resource.

I guess my thoughts would be that we would try to enhance what he has already done with his input and direction on his section of work. But really it is up to him. I think He would be a great part of the team regardless if he wants to include his force powers or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1654
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo_Spince wrote:
I guess my thoughts would be that we would try to enhance what he has already done with his input and direction on his section of work. But really it is up to him. I think He would be a great part of the team regardless if he wants to include his force powers or not.


I completely agree, his work will make a great stepping stone when working on some of the force user groups he's presented (Incorporating refernces to the powers he has created/statted into the Force User's Handbook either with the entries for the specific groups, or possibly even in short stories or in otherways.)

That said, we'd welcome anyone who is interested in contributing. If you are a writer, artist, editor, reseacher, act as a sounding board for ideas, or anything else that might be useful, feel free to speak up, we'd love to have your help. If you want to contribute, but you cant think of anything to do, shoot me a message and we'll figure out where you might be able to contribute.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forceally
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 484

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and created a reference page for the previously published powers and made a bunch of edits. I didn't do a direct update, so here's the new link for my work:

The Force Compendium
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Forceally
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 484

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Luwingo_Spince wrote:
I guess my thoughts would be that we would try to enhance what he has already done with his input and direction on his section of work. But really it is up to him. I think He would be a great part of the team regardless if he wants to include his force powers or not.


I completely agree, his work will make a great stepping stone when working on some of the force user groups he's presented (Incorporating refernces to the powers he has created/statted into the Force User's Handbook either with the entries for the specific groups, or possibly even in short stories or in otherways.)

That said, we'd welcome anyone who is interested in contributing. If you are a writer, artist, editor, reseacher, act as a sounding board for ideas, or anything else that might be useful, feel free to speak up, we'd love to have your help. If you want to contribute, but you cant think of anything to do, shoot me a message and we'll figure out where you might be able to contribute.



I have no objection to contributing to your efforts. I can definitely say that I had my share of difficulties. The hardest was shifting the page from two columns to three columns and keeping the page count accurate. I also had a little difficulty with the text box of the alphabetic index. Posting pictures, trying to apply different background colors for various sections - those are beyond my reach at this point. All I can do for now is add any new powers as they come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1654
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 1654
Location: South Dakota, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I have no objection to contributing to your efforts. I can definitely say that I had my share of difficulties. The hardest was shifting the page from two columns to three columns and keeping the page count accurate. I also had a little difficulty with the text box of the alphabetic index. Posting pictures, trying to apply different background colors for various sections - those are beyond my reach at this point. All I can do for now is add any new powers as they come.


We'll take you up on the "contributing to your efforts." Wink Anything in particular that you are interested in working on? (Basic contents are listed in the original post of this thread. I'll try to work up an updated version to post in the next week or so. And any other ideas for contributions would be welcome as well.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forceally
Commander
Commander


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 484

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded a small update - a new power, but it's been around for a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
vong
Jedi


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6699
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I did not see this before, but I have already compiled all the Force powers into a book Smile

http://databank.yvong.com/fanmade/Force_Powers_RandE.pdf

kept meaning to go over it again, format some more but never got around to it.

Of course, I plan to get them into an online database (similar to http://databank.yvong.com/species.php) at some point too (on that same to-do list)

edit: not as comprehensive as Forcefully's but mine has bookmarks for easy browsing Wink

I wouldnt mind the .doc version of yours Forcefully - might be able to re-work the formatting a bit Smile
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5661
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Force Compendium Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
This thread motivated me to complete my project. Here's the link so you can check it out.

Please post comments in the Fan Made Sourcebook thread.


Edit - I posted an update, but I didn't do a direct update. Ended up deleting the previous version and uploading a new one. Here's the new link:

The Force Compendium

This link is also on the third page.

All the links I could find in this thread and others are all dead. Forceally, if you could please either upload it to somewhere like GoogleDocs or MediaFire and send me a link, or email it to forums -at- rancorpit.com, I'll be happy to give it a permanent home in the Rancor Pit Library. Thanks.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 12354
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every friggin' time...

I did a Search for Force Compendium in my Star Wars Roleplaying folder (which, for the record, is currently at 12.5 Gigs in 11,927 files), and it would seem I've had a copy all along. I can upload it to my Google Drive and shoot you the link, and you can download it to wherever you keep the Download files...
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5661
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Every friggin' time...

I did a Search for Force Compendium in my Star Wars Roleplaying folder (which, for the record, is currently at 12.5 Gigs in 11,927 files), and it would seem I've had a copy all along. I can upload it to my Google Drive and shoot you the link, and you can download it to wherever you keep the Download files...

Great. Thanks!
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering


Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 12354
Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go...
_________________
"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant
Lieutenant


Joined: 26 Mar 2018
Posts: 80

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised it doesn't contain a version of the Shatterpoint force ability. Any idea if some other force power collect contains it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0