The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TIE Advanced v1 Starfighter (Star Wars Rebels)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> TIE Advanced v1 Starfighter (Star Wars Rebels)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: TIE Advanced v1 Starfighter (Star Wars Rebels) Reply with quote

Quote:

TIE Advanced v1 Starfighter
Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE Advanced v1
Affiliation: Empire
Era: Galactic Empire
Source: Star Wars Rebels, stats by +Oliver Queen
Type: Space superiority starfighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 7.2 meters
Skill: Starfighter piloting: TIE
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Starfighter piloting 6D, starship gunnery 5D
Cargo Capacity: 165 kilograms
Consumables: 5 days
Cost: Not available for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: No
Nav Computer: Yes, limited to 4 jumps
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 10
Atmosphere: 415, 1,200 km/h
Hull: 2D+2
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
--Passive: 20/0D
--Scan: 40/1D
--Search: 60/2D
--Focus: 3/3D
Weapons:
2 Heavy Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
--Fire Arc: Front
--Skill: Starship gunnery
--Fire Control: 2D
--Space Range: 1-3/12/25
--Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5 km
--Damage: 6D
Multiple-Ordinance Missile Launcher (2 missiles)
--Fire Arc: Front
--Skill: Starship gunnery
--Fire Control: 2D
--Space Range: Dependent on ordinance
--Atmosphere Range: Dependent on ordinance
--Damage: Dependent on ordinance

Capsule: TIE Advanced v1 was an experimental TIE fighter model of the Imperial Navy. The starfighter was fitted with a hyperdrive and basic shields, and unlike the TIE Advanced starfighter, the v1's wings could fold in around the cockpit when not in flight, conserving hangar space. The TIE Advanced v1 was armed with dual chin mounted laser cannons, and had the ability to launch warheads, including an XX-23 S-thread tracker. The TIE Advanced v1 was unveiled on Empire Day, on the planet Lothal, fifteen years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. During the unveiling, it was announced that the TIE Advanced v1 would be produced on Lothal by Sienar Fleet Systems. Immediately after the unveiling, the first production TIE Advanced v1 was destroyed by Kanan Jarrus.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this have a Passenger stat of at least 1? In "Fire Across the Galaxy" Kanan and Ezra fly the Inquisitor's tie fighter to escape the star destroyer.

Of course, the regular TIE stat blocks need updated for the canon version to account for Hera, Sabine and the large Zeb in a regular TIE fighter cockpit... But it's so confusing because StarWars.com canon databank entry for TIE Fighters says "A TIE cockpit was cramped". In the canon novel Tarkin, standard TIEs were described as small in size, and Tarkin dreaded the thought of ever having to pilot one due to its cramped cockpit, indicating that it is even crowded for the pilot alone let alone having two passengers. But I guess this is what happens when cartoons mare made canon.

So maybe the TIE Fighters seen in Rebels employ some experimental temporary Dr. Who technology that makes the ships bigger on the inside than outside?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had given this some thought actually. This is what I came up with, at least the rationale I used. They are designed for a single pilot and no passengers. That's it. Additional passengers can be added but it really depends on the GM. As a quick note I typically look at the cargo capacity and common sense for what can or cannot be done.

In the case of the TIE fighter, it appears there is enough room for two additional passengers. Game mechanics, this means there is no additional room for cargo and the pilot takes penalties for the lack of room to do their pilot/gunnery thing.

Perhaps a +1D difficulty modifier for each passenger? in the case of Fire Across the Galaxy it would be a +2D modifier to the difficulty number. Another way would be to increase the task difficulty by one rank. This would be my preferred method as I am all about keeping it simple. So the fewer dice I need to roll and calculate a new difficulty number the better. Easy goes to Moderate, Moderate to Difficult, and Difficult to Very Difficult.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still doesn't address the lack of life support issue, but I suppose I can chalk that up to micro impacts, causing micro fractures, claiming the lives of too many pilots so life support suits are required by Navy mandate.
Using Babylon 5 Star furies as an allegory I can use that in game. I dare my players to try to fly through a debris field in a TIE without a flight suit though! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: