The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Black Tyrant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Black Tyrant Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Black Tyrant Reply with quote

So I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean a few days ago and I got the inspiration for this ship from it. I plan on having it as the centerpiece of a campaign I am coming up with.

Gather round me mates so ye can hear the tragic tale of the Black tyrant. She like all victory class star destroyers began life as a warship in the clone wars, but unlike many other victory class star destroyers, she was crewed almost entirely by officers and soldier whose loyalty to Palpatine was in question. At this time she was known as the Valorum, a fitting name given the background of her crew. Well one day, the crew was ordered to take the Valorum and attack a large CIS taskforce. Knowing that survival was next to nothing, the crew decided that they no longer wanted to fight for someone who was willing to throw all their lives away. So when they went to the taskforce, the defected to the CIS and renamed the ship the Black Tyrant, since that is what Palpatine was to the crew. For many months the black tyrant terrorized the mid and outer rim, attacking republic conveys and stealing the supplies and handing it over to the confederacy. Well she eventually caught the eye of the Jedi council and master Tinn was sent to either find and recapture or destroy the tyrant. After many months of searching, Master Tinn's flagship the Invictus caught up with the Black Tyrant and a heated battle took place. The tyrant suffered devastating damage and the captain ordered a blind hyperspace jump. And they were never heard from again. Now there are legends that before the Tyrant was attacked by the Invictus, she was carrying a planets ransom in precious metals and jewels let alone the military supplies. Now lost with her some where in deep space. Whoever finds the Tyrant not only gets a huge amount of wealth but a star destroyer as well. But the empire is very interested in finding her so ye better start looking, cause you never know where she might be.

The Black Tyrant
Craft: Rendili Star Drive’s Victory I
Affiliation: none
Era: Clone wars/Rebellion
Type: Battle damaged Victory-class Star Destroyer
Scale: Capital
Length: 900 meters
Skill: Capital ship piloting: Star Destroyer
Crew: 1,382 (62 officers, 1,230 enlisted)
Passengers: 230 (troops)
Cargo Capacity: 8,432 metric tons
Consumables: 2 years
Space: 0
Hull: 2D
Weapons:
Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150 km
Damage: 5D
4 Quad Turbolaser Batteries
Fire Arc: 2 left, 2 right
Crew: 5
Skill: Capital ship gunnery
Fire Control: 4D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
12 Double Turbolaser Batteries
Fire Arc: 3 front, 4 left, 5 right
Crew: 3
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 3-15/35/75
Atmosphere Range: 6-30/70/150 km
Damage: 2D+2
24 Concussion Missile Launchers
Fire Arc: 2 front, 7 left, 4 right, 11 back
Crew: 2
Fire Control: 2D
Space Range: 2-12/30/60
Atmosphere Range: 4-24/60/120 km
Damage: 9D
Tractor Beam Projector
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 10
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 1-5/15/30
Atmosphere Range: 2-10/30/60 km
Damage: 5D

P.S I know the stats may look like the subjugator from starfall and that is partially the inspiration for it. I had thought to have it in one piece but then I thought that a lost ship should have a more tragic history.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!

All it needs is some sort of sith curse on the crew to make it a true Pirates of the Caribbean homage.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Nice!!

All it needs is some sort of sith curse on the crew to make it a true Pirates of the Caribbean homage.

Indeed. Maybe something like the daemonships of WH40K's Battlefleet Gothic, where the ship and crew have been possessed by some alien entity...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I was thinking of having the crew transformed into technobeasts. Give it the sith curse while making the ship crewed by "droids."
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx1138 wrote:
If anything I was thinking of having the crew transformed into technobeasts. Give it the sith curse while making the ship crewed by "droids."

That's a good one, too. Although I would think a techno-adept Sith would have the ship in better repair.

Savar
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the write up. The technobeast idea is cool also.

Have the captain possessed by a Sith spirit and the crew converted.

Maybe the crew has to keep the ship in the same as it was last in before they got changed, as part of the curse. Every thing must stay the same.
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to think that since the captain made a blind jump the ship almost collided with a mass shadow, forcing it out of hyperspace as well as hitting the object, then there is the damage from the battle and years of neglect so I would think it is about right.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is inspired by the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Carribbean, I'm surprised you gave it a Space of 0. The Black Pearl was supposed to be arguably the fastest ship of its time; if it is immobile, this ship is little more than the standard space derelict of horrors trope...

Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's inspired by both the black pearl and the subjuator from starfall. I felt that the black pearl had a cool name but I wanted to find a way to transfer a unique name like it to Star Wars. Then I had to come up with a back story and I felt that a derelict ship would be kinda cool. I guess I should also say I was inspired by the katana fleet since i just got a complete zhan trilogy set at a garage sale.
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be fast but is currently adrift....

you want a BAAAAADDDDDDDD crew?

Make them all still going about their tasks with NO regard to the people who come aboard.

But as was said they must keep the ship as it is - why? because their minds are stuck in the moments before their deaths and the sections of hull that are missing are because those crew are lost to the void and they have limited supplies because the ship is adrift out in the nethers.

When someone attempts to use ANYTHING on the ship however - mad screaming and screeching is heard before they get attacked - not by crew going about their duties but the security forces of the ship - techobeasted humans who are twisted and mangled to the point of running on all fours and along walls and ceilings thanks to magnetic pustules imbedded in their long dead skin - like festering corpses.

the rest look and act like borg - but these creatures are hunters and the PCs will never know where or when they will get attacked.

Make the captain long dead and nothing but a skeleton in his chair on the bridge - which means once they get their they realize their thought of taking the bridge was worthless and the ship's computer being what is possessed by the sith spirit, deep in the ships bowels. - he is too weak to control ALL of the long dead crew he slowly converted but the anger and passion of those who worked security fell the fastest to his will - and became the ghouls... he can see much through the technological eyes of the ship but with all the damage he cannot see all...... make the pcs able to cut him off from sections by dismembering the cables strewn about the ship and blindable by killing the crew, droids, and cameras... this will further damage their hopes of fixing the ship - but will be their only hope to really succeed.

as for why the sith is there? easy - before their last run of battles - palpatine raised his suspitions about vader's loyalty - vader knew this and as such sent an untrained sith as a spy to the CIS - as long as the sith used his innate talent at slicing to get about the Tyrant and spy on them - vader would promise to make him an apprentice under him and give him real power once the Tyrant was captured.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetsuoh wrote:
as for why the sith is there? easy - before their last run of battles - palpatine raised his suspitions about vader's loyalty - vader knew this and as such sent an untrained sith as a spy to the CIS - as long as the sith used his innate talent at slicing to get about the Tyrant and spy on them - vader would promise to make him an apprentice under him and give him real power once the Tyrant was captured.

The CIS and Vader only existed at the same time within the timeframe of the RotS film itself. Are you saying Palpatine suspected Vader's disloyalty from the very moment Anakin became Vader (and pledged his loyalty in exchange for help in saving Padme)? And the newly anointed Sith apprentice Vader somehow discovers an another untrained Sith and sends him as a spy to the CIS, like right before Vader attacks the Jedi Temple, or before leaving Coruscant to go to Mustafar? When Vader goes to Mustafar to slay the CIS leadership and send out the droid deactivation signal, the CIS is effectively ended within a couple days of Vader first coming to be.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhh dont mind me..... It been one of those days.....

switch it - make him the one who failed palpatine before he turned anakin - a backup up plan incase anakin couldnt be turned who was a failure in his own right and palpatine left to rot (literally)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx1138 wrote:
It's inspired by both the black pearl and the subjuator from starfall. I felt that the black pearl had a cool name but I wanted to find a way to transfer a unique name like it to Star Wars. Then I had to come up with a back story and I felt that a derelict ship would be kinda cool. I guess I should also say I was inspired by the katana fleet since i just got a complete zhan trilogy set at a garage sale.

Honestly, the only thing that seems inspired by the Black Pearl is the name. Apart from that, its really just the Subjugator with a Sith twist. When you say inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean, I think things like:

-The crew is searching for the cure to the nano-virus that turned them all into techno-beasts. The details of the cure were stolen by a former crew member who encoded them inside a medallion which he smuggled off the ship before he was killed. The medallion just happens to be in the possession of one of the PCs, who may or may not be related to the former crew member.

-The Black Tyrant itself has been infected by the techo-virus, which has completely infested the ship, as evidenced by strange technology that has replaced the ship's original damaged or destroyed components. The blended organic and technological nature of these components blurs the lines between the two, resulting in technological effects based on Force powers:
    -Weapons systems using Force Lightning or TK Kill (ignores shields and damages a target ship's components via TK).

-Bio-augmented auto-repairing hull (accelerated healing)

-Stealth and/or shield systems based off Absorb/Dissipate Energy

-Augmented drives using Telekinesis to provide greater speed.

-Enhanced Coordination for the crew via the inter-linking effect of the virus.

-The ability to telepathically attack the crews of target ship's, causing nightmares, hallucinations and general confusion.

-Etc, etc.
Now, granted, you can run your campaign however you want, but to me, the standard immobile derelict in space seems rather mundane. YMMV.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might also add in something about they are consistently ravenous, but nothing quenches their hunger or thirst.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I might also add in something about they are consistently ravenous, but nothing quenches their hunger or thirst.

Or that the nano-virus feeds on organic material, so to keep from being completely consumed, the pirates use captives / slaves in some horrific fashion to feed the virus and stave off their own consumption...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: