The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny TLJ Deleted Scene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Funny TLJ Deleted Scene
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5018
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Funny TLJ Deleted Scene Reply with quote



This makes so much more sense. I don't know why they cut this!

Cool
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1340
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.) Laughing
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5018
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.)

It's the most divisive Star Wars film since TPM, so yeah there are a lot of people hating on it. The internet has advanced quite a bit in the last 19 years. If you follow any Facebook pages that have Star Wars related posts, the comments are people who praise it as high art and people who outright despise it insulting each other. It's crazy.

But this image? To me this is just a joke. When I saw this I literally laughed out loud. I thought it was funny so wanted to share. I'm not really posting this to hate on the movie. Despite TLJ being one of my least favorite Star Wars films, I have defended it in many respects, and it is official policy here to not bash on any the films. If this leads to bash-fest I'll shut it down. But I doubt it will. I honestly thought that even people who love the movie could get a chuckle out of this, just from experience with the fandom.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 07 Apr 2017
Posts: 1452

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had just seen Luke be a real, bad @$$ hero.

I really wanted to see the original trilogy of heroes together again, kicking butt, when this new series was announced. Han and Leia and Luke, together again. That would have been grand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Solo4114
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 18 May 2017
Posts: 190

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the film, but that's still really funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore


Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 1340
Location: Washington, DC (AKA Inside the Beltway)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Damn, but someone's REALLY hating on TLJ. (Maybe even several someones.)

It's the most divisive Star Wars film since TPM, so yeah there are a lot of people hating on it. The internet has advanced quite a bit in the last 19 years. If you follow any Facebook pages that have Star Wars related posts, the comments are people who praise it as high art and people who outright despise it insulting each other. It's crazy.

But this image? To me this is just a joke. When I saw this I literally laughed out loud. I thought it was funny so wanted to share. I'm not really posting this to hate on the movie. Despite TLJ being one of my least favorite Star Wars films, I have defended it in many respects, and it is official policy here to not bash on any the films. If this leads to bash-fest I'll shut it down. But I doubt it will. I honestly thought that even people who love the movie could get a chuckle out of this, just from experience with the fandom.


The most divisive Star Wars film since TPM? Damn, I knew that the film had its fans and its haters but I had no idea that the gulf was that wide. (Then again, I don't usually pay attention to that sort of thing until someone tells me about it.) And yeah, I can understand why people might have a low opinion of TLJ, even if I don't share them. But making personal insults on Facebook over this? That doesn't make sense to me.

That being said, I did get a chuckle out of the image. And as I'm writing this, I just got my BluRay copy of TLJ from B&N in the mail not 15 minutes ago. And I'll be damned if I casually throw my BluRay copy of TLJ over my shoulder and into the ocean. Cool

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
If we had just seen Luke be a real, bad @$$ hero.

I really wanted to see the original trilogy of heroes together again, kicking butt, when this new series was announced. Han and Leia and Luke, together again. That would have been grand.


I would have liked to have seen that too, but we knew from the beginning of Disney's announcement that the entire premise of this trilogy was about Luke and co. handing off the torch to a new generation so seeing Luke, Han and Leia kicking @$$ again was never really in the cards. Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed by that too, but seeing new people in the Star Wars saga doesn't bother me if that's what it takes to refresh the saga. I've had more than enough of retreads of Luke and co. story in the Legends continuity. YMMV on how "fresh" the sequel trilogy is, especially with complaints about TFA being a retread of ANH having some merit, but at least there was a good faith attempt to make this new Star Wars iteration new and interesting.
_________________
Sutehp's RPG Goodies
Only some of it is for D6 Star Wars.
Just repurchased the X-Wing and Tie Fighter flight sim games. I forgot how much I missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falconer
Commander
Commander


Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 308

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TLJ is more divisive than TPM. People love TLJ or hate TLJ. Most people’s opinions about TPM are comparatively tepid, it seems to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)


Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 5018
Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I knew that the film had its fans and its haters but I had no idea that the gulf was that wide. (Then again, I don't usually pay attention to that sort of thing until someone tells me about it.) And yeah, I can understand why people might have a low opinion of TLJ, even if I don't share them. But making personal insults on Facebook over this? That doesn't make sense to me.

There is a lot of people interaction on Facebook that doesn't make sense to me. These fan comment battles are really quite ridiculous. I sometimes peak in at them and once I see that's what's happening I quickly stop reading them and back out. So much animosity on both sides. Surprisingly even fans who love the film quickly spew hatred against anyone who dares not like the film.

Falconer wrote:
I think TLJ is more divisive than TPM. People love TLJ or hate TLJ. Most people’s opinions about TPM are comparatively tepid, it seems to me.

I agree for people in general. For me personally, I don't love or hate TLJ, and I do feel my love for TPM is a little greater than my meh for TLJ.
_________________
*
Site Map
Forum Guidelines
Registration & Log-In Help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0