The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Order 66 ABY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Order 66 ABY Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Order 66 ABY Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

So, let's assume there are some unaltered clones out there... not like Rex, who had his chip neutralized, but just clones, out in the world, doing what they do.

Luke Skywalker shows up, Jedi Knight.

20+ years later, does the clone go and try to kill him?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since being a Jedi is against Imperial law, then yes they would all try and take him out, but this isn't just clones. All stormtroopers would!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Since being a Jedi is against Imperial law, then yes they would all try and take him out, but this isn't just clones. All stormtroopers would!

I'm referring the compulsion, not the law. What about that clone who settled down and started raising some twi'lek kids of his wife? Is he going to be compelled to kill a Jedi?

How long did Order 66 affect the clones?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a good reason Rex and Company had their chips removed while they were out saltsands fishing.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

I'm referring the compulsion, not the law. What about that clone who settled down and started raising some twi'lek kids of his wife? Is he going to be compelled to kill a Jedi?

How long did Order 66 affect the clones?

Well the compulsion was mental programming to follow the order once it had been given. The clone who had gone awol and married the Twi-lek likely wouldn't have ever known that Order 66 had ever been given. What he would know is according to Palpatine the Jedi had rebelled against the Republic and were mostly wiped out, so he might have thought that Order 66 night have been given, but wasn't part of the command structure anymore so wouldn't know for sure. As far as any remaining Jedi the Empire might hunt down, that clone would have been a fugitive from the Empire like them.

It's an interesting question, how long would the compulsion might last. In the grand scheme of things it really wouldn't matter much, since the purpose of Order 66 had been fulfilled right before the dawn of the Empire (kill most of the Jedi). But it is interesting for a fanfic or RPG adventure.

I'm having a clone NPC in my coming classic era campaign. A prelude adventure we played where my son played the future NPC was set during RotS. On Coruscant before Order 66 had been given, he had been injured and some metal shrapnel had pieced the back of his head and damaged the biochip (which the character of course didn't know was there). He was deep underground in Coruscant and cut off from communications with the upper world, and he was with Yaddle, his commanding Jedi general who had been badly injured unconscious. He didn't get the transmission about Order 66 when it first occurred. Down there they met up with a couple of treasure hunters who were on their way back to the ship. When they finally made it to the surface and flew out of a scanner resistant structure, Yaddle woke up saying, "No!" Then the hologram message came through to the clone with Order 66. His head suddenly exploded in pain, and he felt the compulsion to kill Yaddle, but it was not absolute. I had him roll a difficult willpower roll to resist it and he spent a couple CPs to do it, and then the pain subsided to a mild headache and he resisted the urge, but his mind was still filled with thoughts of killing Jedi. She asked him what Order 66 was and he told her the truth. She assured him the Jedi had not actually tried to take over the Republic and conveyed that through the Force she felt that a Jedi had betrayed the Jedi Order, urging them to fly to the Jedi Temple to save Younglings. The ship did and fired a torpedo at a certain end of the unshielded High Council spire, pulled up the landing amp to the opening, and hovered there. Yaddle, one of the treasure hunters, and the clone PC saw a dark figure standing at the other end of the room with a blue lightsaber extended, and several younglings huddled behind some chairs. The clone started feeling the compulsion to attack Jedi rise again. Yaddle turned to him and said, "Execute Order 66," then leaped into the chamber with her lightsaber igniting. He pointed his rotary canon at the dark Jedi figure and opened up on him, spending a Force Point - he totally mapped him out as Yaddle closed on the dark figure and told the youngling to, Go! The treasure hunter waved the younglings to him and they ran to him. A wounded Yaddle began an epic but brief lightsaber duel with the dark figure as the PC helped get all the kids on the ship (it took a few rounds because the treasure hunter had to toss the kids over to the clone on the ramp one at a time). Then when all were aboard, the ship go shot by Republic fighters that were closing. As they started to fly away and the landing ramp was going up, the clone noticed that the wounded Yaddle seemed to be losing the duel. The clone ran to the ship's gun well and fired at the fighters chasing them into space until the fighters were both destroyed. The mental imagery of killing Jedi suddenly changed to the dark figure killing Yaddle. Then he felt a wave of gratitude as if Yaddle's spirit was saying thank you, then his headache disappeared and he was totally free of any thoughts about or compulsion to kill Jedi. I consider the biochip to then become dead and have no further effect on him.

The clone and the treasure hunters (one of whom was the captain of the ship they were on) joined an early rebellion against the Empire whose ranks included Jedi not killed in Order 66 and an entire platoon of clonetroopers who were recovering from a certain kind of radiation poisoning and did not feel any compulsion to kill Jedi (the radiation has deactivated their biochips). This rebellion was simultaneous to a neo-separatist rebellion, both of which ultimately failed about a year later in a final battle that did successfully destroy the Empire's cloning facilities on Kamino and killed a lot of clone stormtroopers with a radioactive mutagen that targeted clones. That event is what sparked the Empire to switch from using clones to conscripting children to raise as stormtroopers. The clone character of the Coruscant adventure survived the rebellion became mercenary who is still around in the classic era. There may still be some clonetroopers in the stormtrooper ranks but they are mostly officers and not very common anymore.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A intriguing question!

And I really enjoyed your post about your game, Whill. An excellent extrapolation of the moral dilemma a clone trooper would have with Order 66.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool scenario with Yaddle, Whill. Much better send-off then background filler.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
A intriguing question!

And I really enjoyed your post about your game, Whill. An excellent extrapolation of the moral dilemma a clone trooper would have with Order 66.

Thanks. My son is a clonetrooper fanatic. He has been a shocktrooper for Halloween, and the character he played in the adventure was a Coruscant shocktrooper. His favorite SW movie is RotS even though he is sad that the clones turn on the Jedi. He once told me that if he was a clonetrooper, he would have resisted Order 66, which gave me the idea for the adventure. I went with canon's biochip idea and I don't think any clone with a functioning biochip could have resisted, so added the brain damage into the set-up of the adventure. My son understood the biochip, so when he realized the adventure took place during RotS he had a little anxiety about being forced to kill an injured Yaddle. When it came time to resist, he chose to add a couple CPs to the roll just to make sure. So he was very pleased when he got to roleplay his wish of not following Order 66. I particularly enjoyed the twist of him later attempting to execute Order 66 against Anakin Vader (and the order comes from Yaddle), but then willfully abandoning it to save Jedi children. In the coming campaign where the clonetrooper will be a guest NPC a couple times, my son will be playing a Force-sensitive adolescent (an Ewok) who will remind the clone of the younglings he saved (but are sadly mostly dead by the classic era).

RyanDarkstar wrote:
Very cool scenario with Yaddle, Whill. Much better send-off then background filler.

Thanks. Yes, I had read that in the EU she was killed off before AotC, sacrificing herself to save Anakin and an entire town from a bioweapon, I think. In canon her death has not been determined yet. In my game, she and the clonetrooper first appeared as NPCs in the prior prelude adventure that took place during AotC (when my son placed a Wookiee child). So in my SWU, Yaddle had gone with Yoda to pick up the clones then took them to Geonosis. After the battle, she took over Yoda's youngling clan so he can devote more time to war leadership, and the children in the High Council chamber in RotS are from her clan.

Although suggested in the film that Anakin kills the younglings, that is not actually shown. Anakin certainly did kill some younglings and padawans throughout the temple, but I never thought it would make any sense for the Sith to want to destroy the youngest younglings. They wouldn't be a threat to Anakin or the clonetroopers, and they should want to capture some of the small Force children to brainwash them to become inquisitors. So I thought, what if he was going to capture them and then turns on his lightsaber because he senses Yaddle approaching in the ship, and the adventure showed what is offscreen from the film. So instead of saving padawan Anakin, Yaddle saves her younglings from Vader.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive there is a comic, where some Purgetroopers are given order 66 and they execute it against the inquisitors .

I think it was during a fight with jedi, and a jedi actually ordered the clones to activate order 66 .

not sure which one, but it was vader looking for a jedi guy that I think knew he was anakin, I may be mistaken but I think this happened on the home planet of general akbar

I belive from this that the orignal jango clones all had the chip as a biologial adaptation (that can be safely removed) since these clones did infact react to the order.

This means to me that under the right conditions a Jango clone will execute this as long as the chip is there, even for life
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I belive there is a comic, where some Purgetroopers are given order 66 and they execute it against the inquisitors .

I think it was during a fight with jedi, and a jedi actually ordered the clones to activate order 66 .

not sure which one, but it was vader looking for a jedi guy that I think knew he was anakin, I may be mistaken but I think this happened on the home planet of general akbar

I belive from this that the orignal jango clones all had the chip as a biologial adaptation (that can be safely removed) since these clones did infact react to the order.

This means to me that under the right conditions a Jango clone will execute this as long as the chip is there, even for life

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=187806#187806

I summarized that comic story at the above post. The Inquisitors were former Jedi who had turned to the Dark Side. The Jedi didn't simply order the clones to follow Order 66. He used the Jedi Mind Trick on the clones to make them think the Inquisitors were current Jedi.

But yes, the biochip does create an urge to follow Order 66.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed that the clones followed the commad to execute the order, but only against "other" jedi, I can not remember the jedi him self being attacked by the clone, but it has been a while since I read it.
Could it be that the "one" issueing the comand order is himself "immune" to targeting by the clones he odered?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere I recall reading of a conversation (or a record of said conversation) regarding the programming of the specifics of Order 66 to key on the color of the lightsaber, with red sabers being "safe" or exempt from the Order. But I can't recall exactly where it was from...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
It seemed that the clones followed the commad to execute the order, but only against "other" jedi, I can not remember the jedi him self being attacked by the clone, but it has been a while since I read it.
Could it be that the "one" issueing the comand order is himself "immune" to targeting by the clones he odered?

A contrivance like that was not needed for this story. The Jedi Mind Tricked the clones into thinking the Inquisitors were Jedi, and his "student" asked him if the clones would attack them next. He said they won't and implied it is because of the same power.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed this is an intriguing question. One could say for their SWU that the chip also deteriorated too over time due to the rapid aging process used. I think Bad Batch though implied that once the initial order was given (and very strong impulse) then the Clonetrooper could then think about and resist said order.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That not what happened in Bad Batch. Everyone but Crosshairs was not affected by the initial Order at all, as a result of their mutations (and Echo's cybernetic alterations). Wrecker's biochip was later activated by head trauma.

But yes, it certainly makes sense that the biochips could degrade over time, providing another reason recruits might be more attractive than clones in the Imperial Stormtrooper force. Their main purpose was in eliminating the Jedi, to make Palpatine's Empire even possible.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: