The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How's the weather?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> How's the weather? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hoth Something Hoth... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I had to edit your post to shorten the long string of characters without any spaces that stretched the page horizontally.

My apologies, i hadn't thought that far. I'll try to be more mindful of it.

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Turns out she exploded a glass mug, with the hot water she poured from the kettle to make tea the hot water then splashing down her leg.
Thank God she didn't burn herself too badly & acted quickly to cool the affected areas.

Ouch, I hope she heals quickly. I'm a morning hot (green) tea drinker. I've burnt myself on hot water and hot tea many times. But mine were mostly because I failed my Dexterity roll. I personally would never pour my tea into anything glass. I always use my Bubba covered mug, even at home. It's metal and plastic. I love it. Even with the drinking hole open, my tea stays warm for hours (if it is a slow-drink morning so lasts that long). And it is somewhat idiot-proof.

Right now Columbus is the same temperature with about the same wind chill factor as Buffalo. I just took the dog with me while I took the trash can from the front curb back around back. That wind is bitingly cold! But it still isn't Hoth here. Snow flurries left some snow that it is too cold to melt, but I can see part of the sidewalks. We are supposed to get a mere 1-3 inches between now and Friday night.

My assessment was off, she had acted quickly enough she didn't get burned, merely scalded? Thank God.

My father is a hot (green) tea drinker. But in recent years he's 50/50 between green tea & something made from the original cacao plant, which in its raw form unsweetened & too bitter for my tastes, so i have to add some sugar. I'll try to remember to ask him the name so you can look into it. i suspect you might like it.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was the first in a while, i had to get out and shovel snow...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
My father is a hot (green) tea drinker. But in recent years he's 50/50 between green tea & something made from the original cacao plant, which in its raw form unsweetened & too bitter for my tastes, so i have to add some sugar. I'll try to remember to ask him the name so you can look into it. i suspect you might like it.

Maybe, but I've learned that cacao tea doesn't contain caffeine. That's a hard pass for me. I don't drink green tea for the taste, and although it tastes ok. I drink it because it is an adequate caffeine delivery system that I can drink straight without any additives. It is zero sugar and zero calories, but I get the caffeine from it. I don't like coffee without additives. I won't drink black (brown) tea at all, cold or hot, sweet or not – It's all disgusting. So hot green tea is my morning beverage of choice, but I sometimes add a sugar-free red bull can (it's actually not bad and only 20 calories), or a cold Lipton green tea or white tea bottle (100 calories each). Caffeine is my only remaining vice.

If I don't want to drink caffeine (such as it being late in the day), then I will drink a cold, thirst quenching beverage like water or lemonade.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject: Criobru.com Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

Maybe, but I've learned that cacao tea doesn't contain caffeine. That's a hard pass for me. I don't drink green tea for the taste, and although it tastes ok. I drink it because it is an adequate caffeine delivery system that I can drink straight without any additives. It is zero sugar and zero calories, but I get the caffeine from it. I don't like coffee without additives. I won't drink black (brown) tea at all, cold or hot, sweet or not – It's all disgusting. So hot green tea is my morning beverage of choice, but I sometimes add a sugar-free red bull can (it's actually not bad and only 20 calories), or a cold Lipton green tea or white tea bottle (100 calories each). Caffeine is my only remaining vice.

If I don't want to drink caffeine (such as it being late in the day), then I will drink a cold, thirst quenching beverage like water or lemonade.

Dad says it's 99% caffeine free, but it does have a simulant found in chocolate. If you want to know more, check out Criobru.com.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: