The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

20 YEARS of RANCOR PIT FORUMS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> 20 YEARS of RANCOR PIT FORUMS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 20 YEARS of RANCOR PIT FORUMS Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

garhkal wrote:
And unlike some other sites, even WHEN we've had heated discussions, it (IMO) has not really exhorted to full on Flame wars!

I take this as a compliment! It is sad this comparison even exists, but yes, it is always the goal to prevent flame wars. Thank you.

I've been on other sites, where IF there were 'flame wars' either it was after i left, OR before i got there..
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to believe that this has been twenty years! I'll admit I was surfing without an account for some time before joining, but I am glad I did!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here a pretty long time. I've been impressed over the years at the creativity of the community. The sheer number of fan books that have come out of this place is pretty staggering. Gry Sarth was the biggest part of that. One of the things I was most proud of being a part of was the SAGA D6 Conversion Book project. Forceally was also a great partner in crime with that project. While I've not had the same energy for these kinds of projects in recent years, I'm really glad to see the tradition carrying on with all the fan creations.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I've been here a pretty long time. I've been impressed over the years at the creativity of the community. The sheer number of fan books that have come out of this place is pretty staggering. Gry Sarth was the biggest part of that. One of the things I was most proud of being a part of was the SAGA D6 Conversion Book project. Forceally was also a great partner in crime with that project. While I've not had the same energy for these kinds of projects in recent years, I'm really glad to see the tradition carrying on with all the fan creations.

Imitating Elvis: Thank you. Thank you very much.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that not wanting to receive prizes is not a reason anyone is holding back from participating in this thread. The main purpose of this thread was always to recognize and celebrate the Rancor Pit's 20th anniversary. Prizes are just an added bonus and can always be declined if you don't want them.

Please note that Rancor Pit staff already has everyone's email address in your registration, the only thing needed for you to receive a digital prize. The only prizes that require additional personal info we don't already have are the two collector magazines that require a mailing address. Of course, all private information will always remain private and never be shared.

Tomorrow is the deadline for the drawings!

cheshire wrote:

The work the three of you did was and still is extremely impactful to the Star Wars D6 community in general (going beyond just the Rancor Pit). You produced a large body of work that is more consistent than WEG itself, yet very congruent to WEG/RAW. And you provided the baseline for PT film stats. We are forever in your debt. Thank you!

I reached out to Gry Sarth directly, hoping he would pop into the Pit and say hi here, but unfortunately he hasn't logged in to see my PM.

Argentsaber wrote:
It's hard to believe that this has been twenty years! I'll admit I was surfing without an account for some time before joining, but I am glad I did!

Cool! Thanks!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I hope that not wanting to receive prizes is not a reason anyone is holding back from participating in this thread.

I'm just really bad at finding bounty hunters.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I haven't been online much. I got my second shingles vaccine yesterday and by the evening I had much more than a sore arm. This morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck, and I've been trying to work on a project for my brother all day. I still have some body aches but I am feeling a lot better than I was. And from what I hear, it is still way better than getting shingles.

Maybe I should have had the drawings open the entire month of June, but this thread will remain open to celebrate the 20-year milestone. I have a busy day tomorrow but I'll try to do the drawings tomorrow evening and reach out to the winners.

Esoomian wrote:
Whill wrote:
I hope that not wanting to receive prizes is not a reason anyone is holding back from participating in this thread.

I'm just really bad at finding bounty hunters.

You're not really bad. He's just really well hidden. The Hunt the Hunter contest will remain open until he is found...
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
fogger1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been crazy busy finishing my bachelor's and working on an internship (at the age of 47).

Thankful the Rancor Pit is here.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our two potential $20 winners. PMs have been sent, and once they reply with acceptance of the prizes, they will be announced.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Twenty years? I’m out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur..."

Oh, well...
April was pretty bad for me & May wasn't much better. My last post (until today) was "So, it's 250 meters, then?" a few days before i turned 48...

Parts of the Rancor Pit have pinged my radar many times over the years, & finally joined in Nov, '21. The Pit is one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars sites & communities i have found. Most D6, RP & Storytelling sites have either died off or entered hibernation, but the Pit continues to thrive & grow!
I cannot thank the many contributors enough, whether for the hard work they've done making quality supplements, cool ideas they've shared, or help they gave that i could refine or improve my own projects!
Thank You!
CRMcNeill, we may butt heads from time to time, but more often than not, i value & appreciate your insight! Some of the info you helped bring to light has been invaluable & i cannot thank you enough!
Whill, you are integral to the Pit being what it is today! In many ways you are the heart & soul of the community we know & love. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, wisdom & generosity!

Edit: P.S. - I am not the hidden bounty hunter.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fogger1138 wrote:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been crazy busy finishing my bachelor's and working on an internship (at the age of 47).

Thankful the Rancor Pit is here.

You're welcome! Congrats on the bachelor's and good luck on the internship!

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
"Twenty years? I’m out of it for a little while, everybody gets delusions of grandeur..."

Smile I think it is quite amazing that there is still an online community for a Star Wars RPG that ceased publication in 1998, surviving through two subsequent Star Wars RPGs.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
April was pretty bad for me & May wasn't much better. My last post (until today) was "So, it's 250 meters, then?" a few days before i turned 48...

I'm sorry to hear about your April and May, and happy belated birthday.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Parts of the Rancor Pit have pinged my radar many times over the years, & finally joined in Nov, '21. The Pit is one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars sites & communities i have found. Most D6, RP & Storytelling sites have either died off or entered hibernation, but the Pit continues to thrive & grow!
I cannot thank the many contributors enough, whether for the hard work they've done making quality supplements, cool ideas they've shared, or help they gave that i could refine or improve my own projects!
Thank You!

Well said!

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
CRMcNeill, we may butt heads from time to time, but more often than not, i value & appreciate your insight! Some of the info you helped bring to light has been invaluable & i cannot thank you enough!

I share this sentiment.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Whill, you are integral to the Pit being what it is today! In many ways you are the heart & soul of the community we know & love. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, wisdom & generosity!

Most kind. You're welcome.

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
I am not the hidden bounty hunter.

I can confirm this. Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill,

I've replied. My response is stuck in the outbox....hopefully it will work itself out over the next few hours.

Sorry for the delay. I was in Cancun with the Family until late July 4th, then I was off to Phoenix on July 6th - my son was participating in the 2023 USA National Fencing Championships for Y14 Boys Foil category.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my pleasure to announce one $20 winner: ThrorII! The Force is with you! Please check your email Sunday evening. Thanks.

ThrorII wrote:
I've replied. My response is stuck in the outbox....hopefully it will work itself out over the next few hours.

Ah, messages stay in the outbox until they are opened by the recipient. Then they move to your sent box. I was called away to do something unexpected tonight and need to to go to bed, but I wanted to reply.

ThrorII wrote:
Sorry for the delay. I was in Cancun with the Family until late July 4th, then I was off to Phoenix on July 6th - my son was participating in the 2023 USA National Fencing Championships for Y14 Boys Foil category.

That sounds amazing!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
That sounds amazing!

Thank you! He was only one of three Y14 boys in Arizona to qualify for the Nationals. Unfortunately, all three boys were eliminated in round 1. But he had a blast and it was quite an experience for him.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrorII wrote:
Whill wrote:
That sounds amazing!

Thank you! He was only one of three Y14 boys in Arizona to qualify for the Nationals. Unfortunately, all three boys were eliminated in round 1. But he had a blast and it was quite an experience for him.

As the father of a saber fencer (and being a former historical fencer), I've got so much respect for those kids going that far. It's super amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: