The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Every run a 'squadron' game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Every run a 'squadron' game? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Three of the five were force users? Rather force heavy..

Four of the six, but yes. The 'Mercenaries' campaign & the Nightstar Circus campaign had a different balance/mix. Half or less in those.

Who taught them the force? OR were all self taught (minus the one who was padawanning from another PC?)

The Jawa NPC had unwittingly tuned in to the Force fixing/tinkering with tech, similar to Anakin & a handful of non-Chosen One Jedi. I thin he was discovered by someone from Luke's Praxeum, then trained.
The Sharpshooter was tuning in when he honed his skills, but had no specific powers until meeting the Shistavanen that trained him.
The Twi'lek, if i recall correctly, had been learning from a Jedi Holocron, but was not a Jedi.

In the 1st game session, the party stole a speeder to get away but they got shot down & crashed; everyone rolled well for their characters, so they were fine, but i got nearly all 1s including the Wild Die for my Sharpshooter, who was driving. He was in critical condition & would've died were it not for the party working together to save him. The Force-users pooled their healing abilities as the ex-Stormtrooper gave first aid.

In the Mercenaries campaign we had Samej for a bit then they wanted a new Force-user char, for which i had to learn about Kamael, an exotic fantasy race from the AION MMO & adapt them to D6. That's when i adapted some 40k material to flesh out the part of the Unknown Regions his species is from.

In the Circus game i played a Jedi Survivor, who made a new identity as an Onderonian Beast Rider, so he'd fly his Drexel as his circus act.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played in multiple games that are heavy with force users.

One was based during the clone wars - which is actually a really great time to adventure in - honestly - it was a really fun game. They got to play critical roles in various clone wars battles, while still ocassionally dealing with pirates, smugglers etc. (with everyone focusing on the clone wars - smugglers and bandits were on the rise - and the less experienced jedi were forced to deal with those....).

My current game - the characters are all order 66 survivors - to make a long story short - they missed it - and in coming back - entered into a VERY different galaxy than before...

My group also talked about an old republic game at one point, and now that the new comics have come out - a High Republic (pre-episode 1) game may be on the table for our next campaign.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, games with 50% of the group or more being force users, seems to make all the NON force users, seem '2nd string' characters...
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
In my experience, games with 50% of the group or more being force users, seems to make all the NON force users, seem '2nd string' characters...

I don't disagree - that is why I am adding more advanced skills and abilities for non-force users.

however, in the games I mentioned - the entire party was force users.

Which is one of the reasons for my extensive house rules on force users.....

Wink
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never ran a campaign with more than two Force users. Most have one and some have even had none.

garhkal wrote:

Even one very powerful Force user can make the rest of the party seem like 2nd string. The easiest solution is for the campaign to end before the Force user gets too powerful. I start off PCs more powerful than RAW but advancement is a bit slower, so I've never had a problem. But I imagine that the entire party being Force users would eliminate that problem as well.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: