The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What is the best way to watch the films? (viewing order)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> What is the best way to watch the films? (viewing order) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
I've never seen Babylon 5.

You need to remedy that. It's good sci-fi.

Seconded. Complete DVD sets are a bit spendy, but it's worth the investment.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
I've never seen Babylon 5.

You need to remedy that. It's good sci-fi.

Seconded. Complete DVD sets are a bit spendy, but it's worth the investment.

I've heard. I just don't need another franchise. Star Wars, Star Trek, MCU, DC, James Bond, Mission: Impossible, Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts are just the active ones with films. Last year my family cut the cord on cable and we lost our ability to record any TV (even broadcast). I stopped watching almost all TV shows I had been watching. I consider myself a big Trek fan but never watched much of DS9 or Voyager, so I am slowly working my way through those series (I just started season 3 of DS9). Some Trek fans don't even consider me a true fan because I haven't even watched those series yet. My son and I just finished the Star Wars Rebels series on Friday.

So thanks for the friendly suggestions but I'm "full" on franchises right now.
Registration & Log-In Help
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I can relate to the feeling of not wanting to get into another franchise. Ditto for not watching any TV presently. I heartily approve of you getting through DS9; as a Niner myself, I consider DS9 to be the best of the Star Trek series, though TNG is second only by a small margin IMHO. As for Voyager, I can only say this, with as much force and verve as I can possibly muster:

DON'T WATCH "THRESHOLD!!!!" SERIOUSLY, DON'T WATCH IT! IT WILL TURN YOU INTO A NEWT! (AND YOU WON'T GET BETTER!!!)

I still have to get the first four seasons of DS9 on DVD, but I like the later seasons, especially the last two. Hell, I'm so much of a Niner that "In the Pale Moonlight," the 6th season episode where Sisko gets the Romulans into the Dominion War, is one of my favorite all-time Star Trek episodes. That one tends to divide Trekkers quite a bit since it's so contrary to Roddenbery's vision of a peaceful (or at least not-warmongering) future for humanity.

Yeah, I think you'll really like DS9.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: