The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo (original spoilers thread)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Solo (original spoilers thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wary of speculation after TLJ. I had a theory about Rey that fit with the SWU as we knew it, and also explained her strange natural proficiency. And then Rian Johnson blew it all out of the water. So, we'll see. But I'm not going to waste any more energy trying to figure out the ending of a story I can barely motivate myself to care about any more.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
KageRyu
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

KageRyu wrote:
She doesn't seem much older than Ben (Kylo) so that doesn't strike me as really feasible

Umm, Solo, takes place 15 years before Ben (Kylo) was even born. So Qi'ra is about 37 years older than Ben and 47 years older than Rey.

No, I was reffering to Rey's age - hence she couldn't be the result of the trist between Solo and Qi'ra.
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Whill wrote:

KageRyu wrote:
She doesn't seem much older than Ben (Kylo) so that doesn't strike me as really feasible

Umm, Solo, takes place 15 years before Ben (Kylo) was even born. So Qi'ra is about 37 years older than Ben and 47 years older than Rey.

No, I was reffering to Rey's age - hence she couldn't be the result of the trist between Solo and Qi'ra.

Oh. Well mid-40s is pushing it for women to have children, but it does happen here on Earth so it could happen in Star Wars. I'm not a proponent of this fan theory - I'm just saying it isn't impossible.

And you said she doesn't seem much older than Ben. I wouldn't have guessed you were talking about Rey because she is 10 years younger than Ben. Adam Driver is about 9 years older than Daisy Ridley. I don't think she looks older than him at all.
Registration & Log-In Help
KageRyu
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

And you said she doesn't seem much older than Ben. I wouldn't have guessed you were talking about Rey because she is 10 years younger than Ben. Adam Driver is about 9 years older than Daisy Ridley. I don't think she looks older than him at all.

I have no idea who the actors are or their real ages. I have never been good with names, or dates, or times, or people, or places, or signs. To me, they look like about the same age in the film. This is how I know I am getting old. This also is an excellent demonstration of how individual perceptions can have degrees of difference.
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://epicstream.com/news/BayaniMiguelAcebedo/Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-Did-Way-Better-with-Blu-Ray-Sales

So I guess Solo blu-ray sales have been better than expected. I have it on blu-ray and digital download, plus I can stream it on Disney Movies Anywhere.
Registration & Log-In Help
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
http://epicstream.com/news/BayaniMiguelAcebedo/Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-Did-Way-Better-with-Blu-Ray-Sales

So I guess Solo blu-ray sales have been better than expected. I have it on blu-ray and digital download, plus I can stream it on Disney Movies Anywhere.

Yeah, this is good news. From the moment I entered the Uptown theatre to see Solo and saw that it was nearly empty, I always felt that Solo wasn't given nearly enough credit as a good Star Wars movie. I'm glad to see that those of us who liked Solo were proven right in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: