The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Old Republic vs Rise of the Empire and beyond...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Old Republic vs Rise of the Empire and beyond... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I'm not at all invested in TotJ, so if I even need a ship or something from any era in the Old Republic, I just crack open the TotJ Sourcebook and repurpose stuff because I deal with pre-film history vaguely...

Me either. I basically just treat TotJ as a Jedi Sourcebook, and very little else. The closest I get to an exception is Fractalsponge's WTF-Wing, which would be really awesome as a PC ship.

Quote:
I was never a part of the old 90s email list you've mentioned, but I wonder if some of that fan material ever made it on the old internet. I don't know if I ever saw this "tech scale modifier" but that is exactly the way I've done it when it (rarely) has come up in my game. This is a simple solution. I do wonder what the Rancor Pit stat doc converters would say about the Prequel stats they've done?

Some of it did; the site runner also maintained an archive, but the only stuff that made it there had to be manually input by the individual creators, so a lot of material that was merely discussed in passing is long gone. What is there is jumbled up in the stat archive that wildfire posted a while back. This was the same page where the Gamblers & Scoundrels GG was discovered, so it's likely that the treasure trove got lost in the shuffle. I do distinctly recall a guy who went by the handle of Armage Bedar - and was literally called "The STATS Man" - genned up a lot of homebrew stats for prequel characters and the like, and that stuff is all in there. The stuff specific to the AOL Listserv mailing list is in the folder titled 'resource pool.'

I'm pretty sure this idea isn't in there, though. I recall being initially interested in it, but ultimately found it was simpler for the purposes of my own headcanon to not bother with other eras at all, and to just focus on stats for the Classic Era, using the prequels for expansion material.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I do distinctly recall a guy who went by the handle of Armage Bedar

That's a name I've not heard in a long time...

You're right, he statted everything. No idea what happened to him, but hopefully he's well.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
I do distinctly recall a guy who went by the handle of Armage Bedar

That's a name I've not heard in a long time...

You're right, he statted everything. No idea what happened to him, but hopefully he's well.

IIRC, he was one of the guys who started up the SWRPG Network. That was right around the time WotC released their SWD20 and the D6 Mailing List turned into a ghost town.

Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
IIRC, he was one of the guys who started up the SWRPG Network. That was right around the time WotC released their SWD20 and the D6 Mailing List turned into a ghost town.
The moderator for the D6 Mailing List was running a SWD20 game which probably grabbed some of her available attention for and interest in D6.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
The moderator for the D6 Mailing List was running a SWD20 game which probably grabbed some of her available attention for and interest in D6.

I recall her being mostly in the background, though. She was around, and enforced the rules, but she was never one of the biggest contributors. But I distinctly recall that my Inbox used to be regularly flooded with e-mail from the list, and when D20 came out, it was like someone flipped a switch and traffic dropped to almost nothing.

Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I recall her being mostly in the background, though. She was around, and enforced the rules, but she was never one of the biggest contributors. But I distinctly recall that my Inbox used to be regularly flooded with e-mail from the list, and when D20 came out, it was like someone flipped a switch and traffic dropped to almost nothing.
Her activity as a moderator varies and seemed to decrease over time. But I think she hosted the list, so if her interest or ability to do that decreased or waned the list may have stopped functioning.

My recollection of all that is a bit fuzzy. It's been decades since I received or accessed the listserv and about 2 decades since I was last saw Jae.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: