The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

MCU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> MCU Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who does everyone think the new big bad will be, for phase 4? Kang? Dr Doom? Galactus?
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So who does everyone think the new big bad will be, for phase 4? Kang? Dr Doom? Galactus?

Those villains are primarily Fantastic Four villains, aren't they? Out of those options I only like Dr. Doom... from the comics. I know FF's integration into the MCU is inevitable, but I am not looking forward to it. I hate all stretchy heroes, and I'm not a fan of the Thing. Even as a kid I only ever liked the Storm siblings. The first FF movie was lame, but then when they made the sequel, I thought for sure there was no way it can be as bad as the first one. I was wrong. (The only good thing about either one was Jessica Alba.) I finally learned my lesson about FF movies and didn't even watch the reboot. I am skeptical of yet another FF movie, but we will see.

If there even will be a single big bad villain of the MCU, it is still too soon to even speculate. There has been no official word about future Avenger movies, although we know 100% for sure there will be more. Kevin Feige has stated Captain Marvel will become the lead character of the MCU and her first film grossed over $1 billion so you know there will be sequels, but again, there have been no sequels officially announced. It won't be right away, but you know we will eventually get MCU X-Men movies. MCU X-Men could be the saving grace of the MCU in the coming phases.

Quote:
Endgame has no stinger scenes. There is a brief backwards-looking audio-only stinger at the end of the credits, but not worth waiting for if you have to pee.

Endgame has grossed over a billion dollars worldwide in its opening weekend alone, so this movie is going to be huge. If anyone wants to discuss it, don’t forget the white font colour 'spoiler tagging' when applicable.

I haven't seen Avengers: Endgame again yet, but I have read that the theatrical presentation of Endgame now has an actual stinger scene - This Far From Home trailer which includes major spoilers for Endgame. Since it is impossible to be spoiled on Endgame after seeing Endgame, I do not know why this wasn't always included.
Registration & Log-In Help
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the X-Men. Hellfire Club, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, or some of their space adversaries could fill the bill. The Savage Land might appear too, but we'll probably see a FF film first and I'm hoping for Doctor Doom.

We could also see some standalone films to tide us over. Got to admit I never followed the characters of the upcoming films, but Marvel/Disney's done a great job so far.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
We could also see some standalone films to tide us over. Got to admit I never followed the characters of the upcoming films, but Marvel/Disney's done a great job so far.

Right.

The only announced MCU movie I'm truly excited for is the Black Widow movie, but I'll be dissappointed if it doesn't include Hawkeye in some way because he always gets the shaft. The first Blank Panther was good but I have no nostalgic investment in the character because I never read him as a child. Doctor Strange was ok but in my bottom tier of MCU films. A Marvel Kung Fu movie could be good. I have absolutely no memories of the Eternals from my childhood. Not liking GotG 2, I am not looking forward to GotG 3. I hope they make another Thor movie but Hemsworth said he was done - Hopefully he will at least be in the next Avengers movie.

A good MCU won't last forever, but the greatest source of my optimism comes from the mere fact of their undeniable record. To make a series of over 20 films, and I love a handful of them and like all of them to various degrees except one is an incredible track record. The safe bet is that they are not done making good movies.
Dredwulf60
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I'll be dissappointed if it doesn't include Hawkeye in some way because he always gets the shaft.

lol. Nice one.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I saw Endgame again tonight. Despite some slow parts, I would have to say that Infinity War/Endgame is probably my favorite overall MCU film. And no that doesn't mean a tie between those two movies. Infinity War is nothing on its on. I view Infinity War/Endgame as one looong movie. For me it will be a "Disc 1 and Disc 2" sort of thing. In fact I haven't bought IW yet and I am waiting for the probably IW/E combo-pack that will come out someday.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: X-Men Reply with quote

Next year's The New Mutants is a standalone mutant/horror crossover film. One of my best friends is a New Mutants and horror fan so I will go see it will him.

I saw Dark PhoeniX last week. Now that the Fox X-Men series is complete, I thought I would post a couple Fox X-Men Multiverse suggested film viewing orders (with the time periods they probably take place in).

X-MEN MOVIE VIEWING ORDER #1

1. X-Men: First Class (primarily 1962)
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (primarily late 1970s)
3. X-Men (early noughties)
4. X2: X-Men United (mid-noughties)
5. X-Men: The Last Stand (mid-noughties)
6. The Wolverine (2013)
7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 -> largely 1973 -> 2023)
8. X-Men: Apocalypse (1983)
9. Dark PhoeniX (early 90s)
10. Logan (2029)
11. Deadpool (2016)
12. Deadpool 2 (2018)

X-MEN MOVIE VIEWING ORDER #2

The second viewing order is my preferred one going forward. I'm glad that we will have a break from X-Men for a while, and that when they do come back it will be in the MCU. Hopefully the X-Men will be better in the MCU than the Fox series.
Naaman
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen all the X-Men movies, but, the ones I have seen I thought were very well done.

I did not care for the last Wolverine movie, however. It somehow felt way too forced.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I am not one of those who loved logan. BUT the others (except X3) I loved.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengers: Endgame never left the theaters but it is petering out so today they re-released the film with some special features after the credits in an attempt to get the movie to gross more than Avatar. It may not be enough. My son and I went to see it for our third time tonight. There is a nice little tribute to Stan Lee but nothing deep, and the rest of the stuff was meh. It will all be on the home video releases. We each got a cool poster with our ticket. So the theatrical "re-release" isn't worth going to the theater again unless you really want to see the movie itself in the theater again.

Avengers: Endgame will be available to purchase digitally on July 30th, and on blu-ray August 13th. They released a full-spoiler trailer that is clearly marketed towards all the people who saw the film, anyone who was holding out for home video be damned. Since so many people saw the film, it is not a bad marketing strategy. Remind people who saw it why they loved it and should own a copy of it.

Due to the official spoiler trailer, we don't need to bother with any spoiler restrictions anymore. I know it may seem odd that spoiler restrictions were maintained longer than for a Star Wars movie, but this is a Star Wars site with a lot of visitors who see Star Wars soon after release and want to talk about Star Wars.

Captain Marvel and Shazam are both gone from theaters now so there's no need to use spoiler tags for them either. Dark PhoeniX is still in theaters, but theaters carrying it are dwindling fast. It is literally bombing.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may have heard, Endgame did finally inch past Avatar and become the new #1 highest grossing film of all time. Endgame is out on digital, DVD, and blu-ray. I still don't have Infinity War or Endgame yet because I am holding out for a combo-pack blu-ray. In my mind they are a single film with part 1 and part 2 discs like the extended Middle Earth films. Infinity War does not stand alone so the last two Avengers films should be in the same case.

It doesn't look like I ever brought up Spider-Man: Far From Home. It is a good movie. I still haven't gone back to see it again yet.

And to bring this back to Star Wars, I present to you: Thor: Ragnarok... WITH LIGHTSABERS

https://youtu.be/qVb1WWF6MgM?list=PLTMfWcXTzxv15rvmsYeM9suPfau9puOq_
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: